Sign in to follow this  

1999 kx250 rear rim size?

got a new rear mounted on my bike and dude said that my wheel (19x1.85) is the wrong size for my '99 kx250, he said i should have a 19x2.15 and that my wheel is from a 125. is that right? he still mounted the 110/90/19 on it and said it would be fine, just not ideal.

is he correct? i haven't had any probs up to this point, but then again i don't know the difference :bonk:

yea you should have the 2.15. if your interested, i have a brand new gold rear rim that will fit your bike that i will sell pretty cheap, just pm me if your interested

i found the same thing on my 02,been looking for a complete used wheel for awhile but everythings just too expensive to buy just to have the correct wheel.The 1.85 works fine just a bastard to get the tires mounted to.

1.85 wheels are probably cheaper and easier to find than 2.15s. So when the OEM wheel gets trashed they just grab up a cheap 1.85 and throw on to get by or sell the bike with.

Weird side note. KDX 200/220 have a 2.15 rim, but they come with, and the manuals recommend, a 100 series tire.

I use a 110, but always thought it was one of those strange "go figure" things from the factory.