Sign in to follow this  

08' 450 chain question

Is there a clearance issue on the RMZ's when using a x-ring chain like with the CRF's?

I like stuff to last longer than a couple months, steel sprockets and x-ring chains are the deal!!

I would think the x ring would fit on OK because the bike comes stock with an o-ring chain.

I would think the x ring would fit on OK because the bike comes stock with an o-ring chain.

Really? I had no idea, makes sense for the 450x version, but that seems strange for a MX model. Im guessing they both use the same frame/swingarm/motor then.

I have a 05 RMZ 450 and had to end up buying two chains. I bought a package deal, ironman sprockets and Regina z-ring chain. Come to find out the hard way the z-ring chain is to wide it rubbed on my case. Luckily I only rode it for a few min. and then checked my case. I ended up buying a DID 520VT2 narrow X-ring and fits perfect. I believe, 05 comes stock with the 520ERT2. So I’m not sure about the 08 but look into it before you end up like me and have a brand new chain ornament hanging on the wall.

Steel Ironman sprocket I love but they don’t have any narrow sealed chains.

DID 520VT2 pin length 18.70mm

Regina 520ZRH pin length 20.6mm

going to go with the DID VT2, been looking at everything under the dam sun. Found out two of my friends have them on their 450's, got almost a year out of them in Florida sand, pretty good in my book.:bonk: