Sign in to follow this  

2011/2012 midstroke harshness fix...

experiencing midstroke harshness on your 2011/12 rmz? well i changed the fork oil over the weekend and used 5wt honda hp fork oil in the inner chambers, and 330ml of 2.5wt (silkolene) in the forks to see if it would help rid the midstroke harshness. well, i got to ride today and it WORKED!!! i set it at 12 clicks out comp/rebound and left it alone, the front end is nice and plush now with good bottoming resistance, very satisfied with the bike now. all i think i will need to do further is maybe get a pipe... i would highly recommend this setup for riders around 165lbs.

Cool. I drained 11ccs out of of mine and I think my clickers are 14 out a lot better but now my back shock seems way to stiff in comparison, any ideas? Sag numbers are good..

Not sure on your weight, but I am 160lbs and had to go to a 5.0 rear spring. Also went a bit softer on front springs. Thinking about getting gold valves for front forks. Got them in my RM250 and they are great.

Sweet I'm heavier about 185 or so

the bikes pretty well sprung for you so, i would first recomend double checking your race sag (this is very important, try to tune it to 105mm) and then maybe going softer on the rear with the clickers. is it stiff over fast straights or off of jumps?

Not sure on your weight, but I am 160lbs and had to go to a 5.0 rear spring. Also went a bit softer on front springs. Thinking about getting gold valves for front forks. Got them in my RM250 and they are great.

i agree, with gear on i just barely am within the upper limits of static sag (35mm) and have about 102mm of race sag

just over jumps and the whoops it seems pretty stiff..would that be high speed?sag at 104 high speed at 2 1/8, clickers within 1 or 2 clicks from stock(compression and rebound). not trying to steal your thread haha:banana:

just over jumps and the whoops it seems pretty stiff..would that be high speed?sag at 104 high speed at 2 1/8, clickers within 1 or 2 clicks from stock(compression and rebound). not trying to steal your thread haha:banana:

...by all means, these threads are here to share info, the more the better. i would go 2 and 1/4 out on high speed and maybe back off the low speed another two clicks... if its worse go the oposite way. i wonder if your not rebounding too quickly (is the rear kicking up on the whoops or braking bumps?)

The back wanted to stay above the front in the whoops unless I really tried to make the front end level out. It's mostly just landing that it seems it could be quite abut more plush. Seems like when I'm on the gas hard down fast straights the back first really want to squat down and dig..but it feels pretty good compared what I'm used to.. Just trying to get it as good ad I can for now:p