Need some advise from all you YZ250F guys.

You guys remember the movie "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"? Remember Side Kick and the blocks of wood on tho bottom of his feet so he can drive the getaway car? See where I'm going with this? Often the most simple answers are overlooked.

I think Swede was referring to stopping and starting with your feet on a rock. I'm 5'8" with a ridiculously short inseam and this is how I deal with this issue. If the bike is sprung for his weight it will compress enough to help with this issue. If not, it'll be quite a bit too tall.

:bonk::thumbsup:Well, we got the YZ250F and it seems to fit him.He can touch on his toes/almost to the balls of his feet. The only problem will be uneven ground, so he just has to be careful where he stops.I really appriciate all the help I have recieved from everyone, Thank you all.

:bonk::thumbsup:Well, we got the YZ250F and it seems to fit him.He can touch on his toes/almost to the balls of his feet. The only problem will be uneven ground, so he just has to be careful where he stops.I really appriciate all the help I have recieved from everyone, Thank you all.

Like I said, check into the yamalink!

DSCN0336.jpg

DSCN0342.jpg

DSCN0343.jpg

as long as he can reach the foot pegs he will be right. i think i was 13 or 14 when i got my first 250f. about the same size but i think i was a bit heavier, maybe 140 or 150. hes just the right hieght. dont worry about lowering it because in six months you will have to take it back up

as long as he can reach the foot pegs he will be right. i think i was 13 or 14 when i got my first 250f. about the same size but i think i was a bit heavier, maybe 140 or 150. hes just the right hieght. dont worry about lowering it because in six months you will have to take it back up

Just reaching the foot pegs is alright? :bonk:

When I went from my YZ80 (5'3") to my YZ125 (5'5"), I was tippy toes on the 80 and had to lean the 125 dramatically to one side to be flat footed just to hold the bike up. When it came to stopping in the woods/turning around from stopped, it was extremely difficult to keep the bike from falling over.

Just being able to touch the pegs is not enough for short guys IMHO.

And I am by no means scrawny whatsoever, which probably helped me flick the 125 around more than the average kid.

At the track its not so much a big deal because you get on it and your always going, so yeah maybe just reaching the pegs is fine...sorta. But in no way is it comfortable, especially in a tight woods environment.

Just my .02, I am 26 now and 5'8". Some guys don't keep growing after 16 lol.

?

Just reaching the foot pegs is alright? :bonk:

When I went from my YZ80 (5'3") to my YZ125 (5'5"), I was tippy toes on the 80 and had to lean the 125 dramatically to one side to be flat footed just to hold the bike up. When it came to stopping in the woods/turning around from stopped, it was extremely difficult to keep the bike from falling over.

Just being able to touch the pegs is not enough for short guys IMHO.

And I am by no means scrawny whatsoever, which probably helped me flick the 125 around more than the average kid.

At the track its not so much a big deal because you get on it and your always going, so yeah maybe just reaching the pegs is fine...sorta. But in no way is it comfortable, especially in a tight woods environment.

Just my .02, I am 26 now and 5'8". Some guys don't keep growing after 16 lol.

?

haha yeah i was joking. you can ride when you fit the foot pegs. my 9 year old cousin races a 65 and every now and then he gets my 250. just have to help him on and off. but yeah its not recomended. actualy kind of dangerous

haha yeah i was joking. you can ride when you fit the foot pegs. my 9 year old cousin races a 65 and every now and then he gets my 250. just have to help him on and off. but yeah its not recomended. actualy kind of dangerous

Reminds me of when my dad bought an old DT125 off a buddie at work for 100 bucks. Bike was mint (currently being restored by my brother in law since my sister took it). Its super front heavy and was too tall for me to touch, my dad had to push me off. That thing was an absolute nightmare trail riding, I think my dad and I both dumped that thing a dozen times when hitting sand in the MI ORV trails. :bonk:

:edit: just realized that DT125 is in my last picture in the corner next to the Harley.

Edited by Steve069
brain fart.