Have you raced RC's Amateur Daytona SX??

My son and I are thinking of racing this in March making the treck from WI... Him riding 9-13 85 class and 40B/C for myself. Looks like fun, anyone can race and it looks like a entry fee pays for the Saturday Pro race? We do well in our classes in WI but would probably get smoked but still have a blast, we have never raced out of state yet!

Check it out - http://www.racerxonline.com/2011/12/13/rc-daytona-amateur-sx-returns-with-two-day-format

$160 1st class $80 2nd class, kid gets ticket to sx that night.

It's a 2 day race now Sun / Mon miss a day at work and have to stay at a hotel.

Plus $80 for me for 2 days.

That right there covers either the entire Gold Cup Series or the entire Winter Am's so you can guess what racing we'll be doing.

Raced last year, got smoked, had a blast. Hadn't raced in a long time also.

Tried to register about 5 times today but keep getting an error. Anyone else having problems registering for the event?

As i hit submit on this post i got the following email from MXSports:

"There was a glitch in the registration system today that is being looked at currently. I apologize for the inconvenience and it should be back up in the next day or so."

$160 1st class $80 2nd class, kid gets ticket to sx that night.

It's a 2 day race now Sun / Mon miss a day at work and have to stay at a hotel.

Plus $80 for me for 2 days.

That right there covers either the entire Gold Cup Series or the entire Winter Am's so you can guess what racing we'll be doing.

2 Day race meaning you need to pay for both days or will it take that long to go through the practice, heats & moto's?

I wonder about the ticket you get. Do you get to watch from the track side as in the infield. Or are you on the other side with all the other race fans ?

We always get the track side upgrade when we go. I wonder if it's on the diff side of the track.

I raced last year. They assembled some temporary grandstands on pit road where you watch the pro supercross and then use for the amateur races. Much more comfortable and better than sitting on the high bank.

I would race in 2012 but the new format forces you to stay three days if you want to watch the pros.

KT

I raced last year. They assembled some temporary grandstands on pit road where you watch the pro supercross and then use for the amateur races. Much more comfortable and better than sitting on the high bank.

I would race in 2012 but the new format forces you to stay three days if you want to watch the pros.

KT

Thanks for the info sounds great about the temporary grandstands

What class did you race and how was the track as in jump wise LOL

I raced the +45. The jumps were not too difficult but it was hard to learn them in the three laps of practice you got. I personally didn't get enough track time to feel comfortable and never really got up to speed. I was tentative on most of the jumps because I was afraid I would over jump into some of those deep whoops. I felt like I was just riding and not racing. I don't like pain much so I probably tried too hard to avoid crashing.

If you are fast and want to do well I highly recommend signing up for two classes. You may get smoked in a faster class but the extra track time will really make a difference in the race you want to do well in.

All in all it was fun being in such a big event. I have some great video of me getting stuck in the gate during the main and rounding the first turn in last place. I was only able to pass 22 guys out of 30 in the four lap main but it made for a good tape.

Too many bikes are being stolen out of pickups so I'm looking for an enclosed trailer before I will race Daytona again. If I find the right one I might try again.

KT

I raced the +45. The jumps were not too difficult but it was hard to learn them in the three laps of practice you got. I personally didn't get enough track time to feel comfortable and never really got up to speed. I was tentative on most of the jumps because I was afraid I would over jump into some of those deep whoops. I felt like I was just riding and not racing. I don't like pain much so I probably tried too hard to avoid crashing.

If you are fast and want to do well I highly recommend signing up for two classes. You may get smoked in a faster class but the extra track time will really make a difference in the race you want to do well in.

All in all it was fun being in such a big event. I have some great video of me getting stuck in the gate during the main and rounding the first turn in last place. I was only able to pass 22 guys out of 30 in the four lap main but it made for a good tape.

Too many bikes are being stolen out of pickups so I'm looking for an enclosed trailer before I will race Daytona again. If I find the right one I might try again.

KT

Yea I am looking at the +40 and +45 class

My friend raced it last year, and said they mellowed the track out way too much. The jumps were much smaller than what normal amateur tracks have.

Raced last year and I'm pretty sure they mellowed the track out so much because it was supposed to rain hard that day. It sprinkled maybe for 5 min.