Sign in to follow this  

04 PW50 Stall

I have a 04 PW50 that I'm selling. I have someone who wants to buy it already after posting it for 3 days. It's been sitting in the garage since our last ride this past Thanksgiving weekend. I got it to start and it's acting up. Now it won't stay running unless the choke lever is flipped up in order to ride it, once the choke lever is flipped back down it bogs down and if I don't flip the choke lever quick enough, it stalls. The bike starts on the first kick.... After every ride the bikes are taken apart (plastics), washed, cleaned, air filter removed and cleaned and ready for the next ride unless we are going back to back weekends or no more than 2 weekends apart. I took apart the carb, float, floatbowl and cleaned, replaced the spark plug, took the airbox and filter off to double check there was nothing restricting it and still doing the same thing. I checked the hose from the oil tank up front to see if it was leaking or crimped somewhere. There's no leaks.... spent about 3 hours today trying to figure out the problem. any ideas.....:bonk:

I might take the carb apart one more time. I'll check it or order a new one. I know it's a lot easier than WR250 to get to the carb and float bowl. Thanks.

dont leave gas in your carb, the ethanol really gums up these little carbs.

i dont use gas if it has sat more than a week. i drain the tank and never leave gas in the carb after a ride.

open up your carb one more time, spray it out real good and make sure all the moving parts move the way they should.