Sign in to follow this  

07 250F suspension question.

i am sure this question is asked alot, but i will ask again. how do you figure how to set this suspension up for my weight. i weight 185, what can i do or where do i go to get the right springs. how do i know what springs to get. the main question is , IS it worth the money on a 07?

springs arent going to change the ride that much. the only purpose of a spring is to set the correct ride height, the stiff/soft settings come from valving (dont attempt yourself) i think your in about the perfect weight zone for the 07. i would play with the clickers

compression clicker on top of fork- make it soft or hard depending if the suspension is too soft

rebound- controls how fast the forks push back out after being compressed, changing the rebound clickers can be one of the best things you can do. it helps A LOT

same goes for the shock, top clicker is for compression, bottom is for rebound, there is also a nut on the shock that goes around the clicker, its a 17mm. this controls how the bike reacts after you hit something sharp like a rock, root, or sudden hole. the sweet spot for me is about 3 turns IN. adjust it and see where it gets you, makes a night and day difference

Make sure the suspension is in proper working order and that it is serviced before you try to change anything.

I personally haven´t tried out that many revalved shocks and stuff, but MXA magazine always says that the performance difference is greater with fresh fluid (as opposed to old worn out fluid) than the performance difference from a revalve to stock suspension.

springs arent going to change the ride that much.

Can't really agree with you on that one, changing only the springs for me made a huge difference, of course I'm extremely light and it was sprung for a 180 pound B rider....But I agree about the clickers, it's amazing what the 3 clicks in or out can do!!!

i weigh 205 and i got .49 springs in the front and i think a .57 in the back from race tech and had my shop set it up with new seals such and it made the biggest difference. i used to bottom out so fast and the second i hit whoops and the first jump with the new suspension i was amazed, now when i land it just feels natural not like my bike hits the ground and plants before it moves and i keep my momentum better it feels, and me being a C rider started racing this year i feel it made me faster and way comfortabler. it was 575 for front and rear rear springs, new seals, fresh fluid, and the labor altogether.

the only time springs will make a difference is if your HUGELY over or under weight for the springs. the thing springs to is make sure the height is right on the bikes as your riding, valving is what will make the suspension feel stiffer, softer, rebound correctly, and yes new fluid helps a ton. new fluid should be changed 20-25 hours. it does make a difference. treat your suspension as you treat your motor, afterall, your race motor does nothing in rough stuff if a guy with a stock motor can go through rough stuff faster and smoother

190 is about the highest the stock springs can handle, I am 175-180 and run stock springs on my '07, but a light revalve makes it a little better

first off.. Let me start off by saying it doesn't matter what bike you have and what year.. Getting your suspension setup for you it always worth it.. Not only does it make you safer it also will allow you to go faster... Second do you ride MX or just trail ride? reason for asking will make a difference on if you need a re-valve or just a re-spring..

if you're just a trail rider.. then get it re-sprung and adjust the clickers on the suspension to work for you.. if you ride MX on a track might be worth it to have it re-valved re-sprung for your ability.. Best of luck..