Carolina Powersports?

Ive rode there a bunch, 25 minutes from the house ! I hate to say it,but the track isnt very well taken care of. The layout is pretty awesome, but most times it is super hard pack and the jump faces are chewed up. The trails that I have ventured onto have been fun.

Watch their facebook page, when it rains(they have no way to water) they will sometimes plow it and post about it (best time to go), but its few and far between. The potential for the place is good, moto,trails,plenty of parking. I would guess there just isnt enough time/money to keep it up as it should. They have some harescramble races there each year as well, mid-east or nchsa cant rememeber which it is. It used to be called pilot mountain I think.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Carolina-Powersports-Promotion/153413573644

carolina powersports has whizzed the bed, is belly up, has bought the farm, etc. It does not say anything of the sort on the facebook page...if it does, I have not seen it. hate to think people are still driving out there to ride and finding a locked gate and nobody around

I've never heard much about it so I was just wondering. I've been to Silver Creek. I ride at Durhamtown in Georgia a lot (where its really hard packed). I'm trying to find some closer tracks around here instead of driving 3 hours all the time. I know there's lakeside, matts track, and silver creek. These are all close to me because I live in Hendersonville. Any others around here?

I just rode there thanksgiving week,place was open,not alot of riders during the week.Trails are fun and challenging,like some 1 said the track is very hardpacked like cement/adobe like not very groomed but its got good jumps variations in it.I wished we had something back here in jersey like this.I was told by the 1 guy who works there when I got my quad stuck back in april.I asked him if he was family that owned this,he said no he just worked there but the man that owns it,had a bunch of transmission/Auto shops,his grandkids wanted a place to ride,when he retired he cashed out and bought land for his grandkids and every one to ride on,even if you have to pay I think thats fair.Beats looking over your shoulder for the popo.The staff is very friendly,they have cabins,shower facility to wash up and change, disc golf game.The owner has alot of money tied up into this place.If I had kids I would bring them there all the time.I hope they dont go bellies up,I dont know what they would build even if he could sell all the land its in the sticks.The whole thing is 3000 acres and I think he owns another 500-to 1000 on the other side of the road,the mechanic that got me said they ran the gncc there.I dont know what land goes for down there but even if its 1 grand an acre thats a considerable price and thats just the land,not the buildings or power equipment or materials.I would think there is millions tied up in that place.

I just rode there thanksgiving week,place was open,not alot of riders during the week.Trails are fun and challenging,like some 1 said the track is very hardpacked like cement/adobe like not very groomed but its got good jumps variations in it.I wished we had something back here in jersey like this.I was told by the 1 guy who works there when I got my quad stuck back in april.I asked him if he was family that owned this,he said no he just worked there but the man that owns it,had a bunch of transmission/Auto shops,his grandkids wanted a place to ride,when he retired he cashed out and bought land for his grandkids and every one to ride on,even if you have to pay I think thats fair.Beats looking over your shoulder for the popo.The staff is very friendly,they have cabins,shower facility to wash up and change, disc golf game.The owner has alot of money tied up into this place.If I had kids I would bring them there all the time.I hope they dont go bellies up,I dont know what they would build even if he could sell all the land its in the sticks.The whole thing is 3000 acres and I think he owns another 500-to 1000 on the other side of the road,the mechanic that got me said they ran the gncc there.I dont know what land goes for down there but even if its 1 grand an acre thats a considerable price and thats just the land,not the buildings or power equipment or materials.I would think there is millions tied up in that place.

the place you are describing is not the same facility that is being discussed in this thread