Sign in to follow this  

Magura slave cylinder bracket

Does anyone know where the bracket for the slave cylinder on the Magura Jack hydraulic clutch bolts on? The instructions are really vague, and indicate that the supplied bracket replaces the stock clutch bracket...it clearly doesn't. This is for a 2008 CRF450R.

Rocky Mountain ATV is recommending it bolts to the one of the cylinder bolts:

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m505/super_boo1/

super_boo1

The RM techs maybe right (best guess I've heard so far), but they don't sound 100% confident and we can't get ahold of Magura. Can anyone confirm or deny that this is the correct bracket location?

btw, I've been on here for several years as Boo Radley but my account is hosed so I had to create a new account. Thanks guys!

Boo

Edited by Super Boo
adding pics

Ok, I added a link to a couple of pics for clarity. Does the bracket and mounting location look right?

From the description of how to mount it, it almost has to go where indicated. The part about "replacing the stock mount" would be that the new bracket replaces it in function but mounts differently (obviously). You'd probably be best to remove the stock mount and replace the bolts without the bracket in place if it interferes with the slave cylinder.

From the description of how to mount it, it almost has to go where indicated. The part about "replacing the stock mount" would be that the new bracket replaces it in function but mounts differently (obviously). You'd probably be best to remove the stock mount and replace the bolts without the bracket in place if it interferes with the slave cylinder.

It looks like this may be only place to put the bracket, but the fact that this bolt holds the jug on makes me nervous. Anyone have a torque spec for it?

7ft lbs if you're talking about the smaller 8mm bolt holding on the jug

Thanks thecayub...anyone else want to weigh in on this (or better yet, confirm this is the location) before I install the bracket? Anyone know of a Magura representative on TT?

Thanks,

Boo

That does NOT look like the right bracket at all? How does the slave cylinder mount to that thing? I assume you bought this used on eBay maybe, or maybe they gave you the wrong bracket?

I am sure it's an aluminum piece that you install on the right-most bolt when you remove that double-bolted OEM metal bracket.

That does NOT look like the right bracket at all? How does the slave cylinder mount to that thing? I assume you bought this used on eBay maybe, or maybe they gave you the wrong bracket?

I am sure it's an aluminum piece that you install on the right-most bolt when you remove that double-bolted OEM metal bracket.

It was bought new at RM ATV...I also thought the bracket was wrong (maybe it is) so I had the RM techs sent me a pic of an identical bracket from an un-opened kit, they're the same. The instructions say to replace the old bracket with the new, but doesn't provide a diagram/picture, and there is no way the supplied bracket works in the original bracket position.

Maybe they updated the bracket but I really don't see how that could work, unless it does mount where y ou say it does, but I don't think the slave has the overall length to work there? Maybe the slave is longer?

They usually mount on the rear-most bolt that holds the existing cable-stay bracket on there. The slave will be canted so that the rod-end is more rearward than the non-rod end. Someone has to have a picture of one installed?

Maybe they updated the bracket but I really don't see how that could work, unless it does mount where y ou say it does, but I don't think the slave has the overall length to work there? Maybe the slave is longer?

They usually mount on the rear-most bolt that holds the existing cable-stay bracket on there. The slave will be canted so that the rod-end is more rearward than the non-rod end. Someone has to have a picture of one installed?

Yeah, I really have some reservations about the mounting location that the RM ATV techs recommend, but it's the only logical place I can see with the supplied bracket.

Again, can anyone confirm that's correct or supply a picture of one mounted?

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l50/MotoBrittB/CRF450/CRF450008.jpg

Ok, I found a pic of a Magura slave on a CRF450...it uses a Magura supplied bracket mounted at the stock bracket location. Granted, the CRF pictured is an '03, but I can't imagine them changing the location.

I've emailed Magura twice, and can't get a response from them. Between the vague instructions and inability to get a response from them, I'm less than impressed so far....:bonk:

Boo

Try calling Peter Ubellacker at 6183952200. They're are likely very lightly staffed due to the holiday/vacation season so the phone is a better bet than email. Peter is a GREAT guy!

I just bought one for an 07 which I am pretty sure is the same and it has the mount in the OP's pictures...So I am sure they are correct...it looks like it will work fine to me. I haven't installed it yet, but after seeing this thread I checked it out... I will install it in the next few days and let you know how it goes.

Perfect timing on this thread as I have just ordered on for my 08... Please post a report and maybe some pics Shanecarr.... Thanks in advance...

Pics are something someone would have to explain to me how to do...but I will let you knoiw how it works by this weekend with any luck...doing forks tonight and then start assembling!

I ordered mine Friday... It connects to the jug bolt. PN# for the 08 is 120682. This is the updated model with new master cylinder, bracket, folding lever and thumb hot start... $267.

For whoever asked....the top picture is correct...it goes together like cake. Love the pull.....SO easy...you will love it...worth the money.

Just wanted to follow up. The bracket does attach under the 8mm bolt, as described by the Rocky Mountain ATV techs. Great service from them by the way.

I was able to speak with someone from Magura. Apparently they had just begun fabricating the new bracket design but hadn't printed up new instruction sheets and were shipping the new brackets with old instructions sheets. I found that to be pretty annoying but the guy on the phone was helpful and verified the correct installation location.

I've ridden the bike 4 or 5 times with the jack clutch. It rocks! Noticibly lighter lever pull and works great.

Boo

Here is how it mounted on my 02. I loosened the banjo just enough so that it didn't leak and so I could swivel it towards the cylinder so the line did not stick out way out there. I added aluminum heat tape to the line for extra protection

Magura.jpg