Sign in to follow this  

Matching Cases

Hey guys.. i was just wondering if anybody with a cr250 that has a few mods done has had their cases matched with their cylinder and gasket as part of their mods?.. Do you think this mod helped with the performace of the motor? Is it worth it to do? Did you feel a difference and can you explain how?

I see almost all engine tuners offer this service and was just wondering what it does to help? To me it sounds like its helps with having no restrictions for fuel flow.. which in turn will help performance.. just wondering and want to hear from people who have done this.. thanks

you must be referring to the case reed engines i guessing .. i would imagine just opening it up would be an even increase over the entire rpm range ....more flow=more efficient hp

I think head mods and raising lowering / modifying the port highs/angles would focus the power.

that said i have never matched cases and i hope some one on here has ! chime in

i would go for it you wont hurt anything if you use the gasket as a template and dont go crazy

I am also interested in this topic. I have an 03 CR 250 With Eric Gorr Head,Cylinder & ports mod, Kehin 36 carb, V force reeds.

The mating of the case and head can Deff be improved. Iv read somewhere back that "adding" To Match the cases and cylinder is better than opening them up, makes for a better pressure volume to the already large case reed motor or something.

What can be had here? Is this worth doing or what?

waste of time to pull it apart just to match something. if its apart for more important stuff then might as well match everything while your there. 10 little things can eqaul alot but one little thing is only one little thing

• Like 1

think it was Gorr (may be wrong) who said he noted no real change in matched or not, He then purposely put a gasket in there that hung into the port , and it didn't really have any effect,

My personal experience is that it depends on the motor,, cylinder or case reeds etc, and whether the mis match is upstream or down stream, is the case compression high or low etc. Don't know enough about your 250 to comment. One of the hottest 125cc motors I've seen also had one of the worst case match I've seen, and fixing it didn't do anything. 2 strokes are one of the most complicated motors to wrap your head around when it comes to stuff like this,

I am also interested in this topic. I have an 03 CR 250 With Eric Gorr Head,Cylinder & ports mod, Kehin 36 carb, V force reeds.

The mating of the case and head can Deff be improved. Iv read somewhere back that "adding" To Match the cases and cylinder is better than opening them up, makes for a better pressure volume to the already large case reed motor or something.

What can be had here? Is this worth doing or what?

Edited by highmarker