Sign in to follow this  

New Pipe = remap ??

I just raced my 2012 last weekend for the first time with an FMF RCT and Megabomb header and VP 110 race fuel... No remap (yet) and it ran great... Much better throughout the entire RPM range. The stock muffler is very restricted to keep the dB level down, but it also robs a lot of the power - especially in the low to mid range.

So, my answer is = no, you don't have to remap to use a better exhaust, and you will get a nice torque and power increase, but a remap, if done properly, plus new exhaust, will add even more.

No you do not >>NEED<< a remap, but you're leaving a ton of cheap HP on the table if you don't (I'd guess 1-2 by the seat of my pants). After putting on an exhaust, the $50 remap from Eddie made more of a difference than the pipe did. Together they made the bike rip.

• Like 1

No you do not >>NEED<< a remap, but you're leaving a ton of cheap HP on the table if you don't (I'd guess 1-2 by the seat of my pants). After putting on an exhaust, the $50 remap from Eddie made more of a difference than the pipe did. Together they made the bike rip.

Excuse my ignorance but where do i get Eddies Map, and how do i get it in my bike. ( what equipment do I need to purchase to make it happen)

Thanks

I just bought a 2010 crf250r and he threw in the yoshi rs4 titanium slip on to make the deal. I was just wondering if the stock header works good with the slip on and if i have to remap it, if it runs fine with out those two things i wont do anything because i dont care too much about extra performance i just ride etown practice track and pits. Im 16 so if i dont NEED it im not gunna get/do it im basically broke now lmao

I've got a yoshimura tuner for sale in the classifieds section, yoshimura has custom tuning to go with their pipes.

Excuse my ignorance but where do i get Eddies Map, and how do i get it in my bike. ( what equipment do I need to purchase to make it happen)

Thanks

Go back one page and see the thread "2010 crf 250 tuning options I offer." The info is current, it applies to all EFI CRF's.