Sign in to follow this  

CRF150F Fork Conversion

So I have been reading all the sticky's and am going to go ahead an buy CR85 front forks. Will I have to get New wheels or will the CRF set fit in the new Forks? Now I am thinking what about the rear swing arm. How do I make that a disk brake instead of the Drum? Will the rear swing arm interface as well? has anyone done this to their CRF150F?? Any help would be appreciated.....shit new thought...just upgrade to a newer CRF150R....looking to spend about 850 in CR85 parts to do this???

Yes you can use the 150F front wheel with the CR85 conversion. I have done both the CR85 fork conversion on a 150 and rear disc conversion on a 230. I gathered a ton of info on both by using the search feature on this site. If I were to take on the project again I would purchase a CR85 or CRF150R rolling chassis. Then, having all the necessary components on hand, I would get the Reger Engineering's conversion components for the fork swap. I suspect that the rear wheel and brake assembly from a 150R could be modified to work in the OEM 150F swingarm in the same manner as I used a 250F system on my 230. I basically sleeved the wheel and brake caliper to accept the stock 230 axle and welded the 'carrier' bracket on the swingarm to hold the 250 caliper. No one can deny the cool factor of the rear disc and the improved performance of the new forks. If you have a pre 06 150F consider using the CR85 rear shock as well. See what I mean about the rolling chassis purchase... just about everything you need. So think it through, get your money together, figure out what is gonna be the most economical way to go. (rolling chassis verses buying parts individually) Use the search feature, roll up your sleeve and have a blast. Have any questions? Hit us up. Oh yeah... take pictures and share 'em

ST O.D.

I have a 07 150f and i bought a 01 cr 80 rolling chasis after I remove the battery box and install turntech battery in airfilter will the cr 80 shock still fit?

Yes, with the removal of the battery box you can use the CR shock. You have to drill a new hole in the shock clevis up about 3/4 of an inch, trim the upper frame mount point slightly and add spacers to both sides of the upper mount eye so that it is not slopping around. There is a post re the mod on this site. ST O.D.

there is debate over if the 230f rocker link with the cr80 shock works without hitting the swingarm so that the clevis does not need to be drilled. I still can't find a solid answer. Also i read something like the cr 80 rb big wheel shock was longer than the reg 80 shock can anyone confirm this?