Sign in to follow this  

help setting up suspension on ktm 250sxf PLS HELP!!

I recently bought a used 2007 ktm 250sxf i love the bike ill start by saying that. However the guy i bought the bike from weighs about the same as i do but he has the bike set up for harescrambles and its really soft. Now i race hare scrambles as well but also do alot of pit riding and make the trip every so often to the local mx track.

Since me and the previous owner both weigh about the same im sure the springs are ok and i can get away with just clicker adjustment. I dont want to lose to much of the woods characteristic on the bike. But wich clickers should i turn to increase bottoming on both fork and shock????

All tips are welcome this is my first ktm!!

josh,

I'm setting up a 250sxf 07 right now for a customer. These are open bath forks. Rebound on top and compression on the bottom. To reduce bottoming,

go in on the comp. Thats just for starters. You can also raise the oil level a bit if the clickers are not of help. Increasing rebound will help a little as well. Me personally, I like to work with compression. Work around the range of between 10 to 15 clicks. Count from fully closed position. Maybe someone else can add to this. But when you race in the bush make everything soft again. Increase your Low SPeed compression on the shock a but. Its the slotted screw. If your model has the high speed adjustor on it. Its the Hex part that surrounds the slotted screw. You can turn that in a bit as well.:bonk:

James

josh,

I'm setting up a 250sxf 07 right now for a customer. These are open bath forks. Rebound on top and compression on the bottom. To reduce bottoming,

go in on the comp. Thats just for starters. You can also raise the oil level a bit if the clickers are not of help. Increasing rebound will help a little as well. Me personally, I like to work with compression. Work around the range of between 10 to 15 clicks. Count from fully closed position. Maybe someone else can add to this. But when you race in the bush make everything soft again. Increase your Low SPeed compression on the shock a but. Its the slotted screw. If your model has the high speed adjustor on it. Its the Hex part that surrounds the slotted screw. You can turn that in a bit as well.:bonk:

James

Closed cartridge forks aren't they?? comp clickers on top rebound on bottom? correct me if im wrong. But If your looking at getting the suspension a little plusher for for XC/enduro riding go out to 18-20 comp clicks on forks 22 out on rebound if its still a little firm go about removing 10-15cc of oil. with the shock make sure you have your sag set correctly and go out 15-20 clicks on the low speed, 2 turns out on high speed and 24 out on rebound. Go the opposite for a more firmer ride and turn in the rebound as you go in comp

The bike is currently set up good for woods im trying to set it up so it keeps its good woods demeanor but has a little more bottoming resistance cause i often pit ride and love jumping and occasionally i hit the mx track and dont wanna bottom out on every jump!! but thank you for the tips guys all the info is welcome cause im not good at all at adjusting suspension!!! and trying to learn as much as i can

Closed cartridge forks aren't they?? comp clickers on top rebound on bottom? correct me if im wrong. But If your looking at getting the suspension a little plusher for for XC/enduro riding go out to 18-20 comp clicks on forks 22 out on rebound if its still a little firm go about removing 10-15cc of oil. with the shock make sure you have your sag set correctly and go out 15-20 clicks on the low speed, 2 turns out on high speed and 24 out on rebound. Go the opposite for a more firmer ride and turn in the rebound as you go in comp

This set here is an open bath. 100% However, not to say the customer didn't give me the wrong info. about his bike. The work order states its 07. Let me do some checking. He bought this bike used so the saler could of told him its an 07. Freaking KTM's anyhow. They have got a million different models. :bonk:

LOL well good luck with that ktm

i love mine :bonk:

just gotta make this bike a better all around bike for the track and woods just dont wanna make the wrong adjustments and screw up everything since im a suspension noob

smooth in the woods but still able to handle decent jumps at the track!!

Just ran the vin on this bike. Its an 06.