Sign in to follow this  

Kinda screwed up: seeking advice

Sorry in advance for the long post! Still kinda venting a little.

So today I pulled out my carb and dis-assembled it for cleaning. Cleaned out everything and went to put it back together, discovered my idle mixture screw o-ring was torn, not too big of a deal, I thought.

Then came the worse part... My slide was sticking. When I was blasting it out with carb cleaner I didn't think about all the o-ring and seals I didn't take out.:smirk: The seal in the slide I believe has swollen and is making the slide fit tight.

So, Here I am now. I think it would be best to replace all the rubber bits in my carb. I have been able to find 2 kits. Some places have a "carb rebuild/repair kit" for around $180, which supposedly includes all seals and screws. Some only have a "gasket set", for $110, but theres no description.

Has anyone ever ordered one of these kits? I am trying to find out which one has what I want/need to rebuild this thing.

Thanks!:bonk:

Agreed it might be best to let a pro have a whack at it at this point. If you want to proceed. You should be able to find and buy any individual parts directly from Sudco. Things are usually priced pretty reasonable and there is online look up for most things.

http://sudco.com/

Well I called JD and got it all squared away, ordered a rebuild kit that should have all the new O-rings and stuff. So when that gets here I should be on my way to getting it running again.