Sign in to follow this  

California Stonyford-No water at Fouts or Davis...so where can I fill up?

According to http://www.riderplanet-usa.com, Fouts and Davis Flats are having water maintenance disconnects. I'm in SJ and it would be crazy to drag a hauler full of water that distance, to last 5 days. Anyone have ideas or experience of where I could fill my water tanks as close as possible?

You're just gonna have to bring it up. Been that way for a year....

That being said, I don't haul a trailer/camper (freeze my ass off in a tent) so I just bring alot of water with me when I camp up there.

i always fill up at the forest service station in stony ford they said its ok, the facet that i use is is about 100feet north of the office door on the right side of the driveway for the fire trucks, next to the red curb,the faucet might be covered with a foam cover, put it back on when your done with it, you might want to bring about 25 or 50 feet of your own hose theirs is full of wholes, i recommend you fill up in the day light as to avoid suspicion,

also the maxwell safety rest on I 5 and the willows safety rest a few miles north of willows on I 5.

the water system should be on in about a month they have been working on it pretty hard, they are waiting on 1 more tank. so iv been told..

Get water at the Ranger Station like Squid described, I've been doing it for several years, that way you only have a handful of miles pulling a fully loaded rig to camp. Good to hear they're finally getting the dump station going again.

Thanks guys! I'm glad that was posted and I came across it. Havent camped at Stony before and havent ridden there in years. Cant wait!

Trails are clear all the way to Goat Rock, no snow yet, just dust...