Sign in to follow this  

Help setup 2010 TC 250 for offroad

Expecting delivery of my 2010 TC 250 next week. Bike is going to be used for hare scrambles and light moto. Bike comes with full Akropovich exhaust and carb mods. Halls husky is sending their recommended jetting. Suggestions on set up needed. What would you recommend?

-guards radiator and skid plate

-gearing. I weigh 205 and alttitude is 4500-6500

-springs. I'm thinking 6.0 in rear and .48 up front

-tank. IMS or Clarke?

Any other setup tips or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a the same bike. Going to need springs for sure. The IMS tanks works well on this bike, don't think Clarke makes on for this model. Mine is kinda hard to start warm. Has the Ty jetting. there was an upgraded ECU and jetting for this model, might look to see if it has it.

REALLY fun bike. handles like a 125 only in some ways better (more planted). Slightly weak on the HP but very usable. Solid bikes too. Enjoy.

IMS tank...

DSCF0400-XL.jpg

DSCF0406-XL.jpg

Talked to les at LTracing today. I was just gonna respring it but after talking with him suspension will be on its way to him next week. He's done a bunch of bikes for me and have always been happy. Im hoping I don't need a rekluse right away. The bike will mostly be used for faster terrain. I have my 2011 gasgas 300 for the tighter terrain.

hot starting is known be a challenge at some times with this model.stall it try restart it.best have a smoke first.dan