Sign in to follow this  

thinking of trading my r for an x

I ended up with a 2007 450r because of an awesome deal. It now has 40 hours on it. I ride mostly woods with my son and 50% is tight technical rocky stuff. I live my bike except it kills me in the tight stuff. I have 13/51 sprockets and 13 oz fw. I have a chance to trade for a 2006 450 x with 80 hrs on it. It looks nice but I know my bike and have to just take the owners word on the x. Considering trade or keeping my r and installing a rekluse. Any thoughts?

I would do it if the X has been serviced regularly and not beaten up. I eventually want to trade my 04 450r for a 250X

The X handles better on slow rough terrain, but is harder to turn and keep upright. You can pretty much tune the X to do whatever you want it to do, if you don't mind the extra 30+ lbs over an MX bike with the same accessories.

I would keep your R, put on a Rekluse Core EXP, get the suspension re-sprung and re-valved, and you will dig it.

+2 find good suspension tuner; I would go with a Rekluse Pro for a little more flywheel weight and maybe even gear down further if you don't mind giving up some top speed. That is only if you don't want a head light and e-start.