Sign in to follow this  

ever heard of the 4x4 mod lol

None. 3X3 flows plenty of air. Bigger hole just makes for a weaker vacuum signal and therefore requires larger jets. No HP difference. Same fuel consumption.

Thing about the 3X3 is it is the same size hole as a 'olde' E model has with the snorkle removed. It was found via testing, a 3X3 is plenty big. The feeling is if everyone uses the same size hole, then jetting suggestions will tend to be more accurate.

None. 3X3 flows plenty of air. Bigger hole just makes for a weaker vacuum signal and therefore requires larger jets. No HP difference. Same fuel consumption.

Thing about the 3X3 is it is the same size hole as a 'olde' E model has with the snorkle removed. It was found via testing, a 3X3 is plenty big. The feeling is if everyone uses the same size hole, then jetting suggestions will tend to be more accurate.

not looking to start sh!t...but IIRC the E model is actually about 4"x4" with snorkel removed. i will measure later to confirm or prove myself wrong.

I just did the 3x3x3! Oh yeah!!!! Everything is in 3D now a days!:bonk:

What's the advantage?

There is no benefit in going larger than 3x3 for stock or near stock motor...

not looking to start sh!t...but IIRC the E model is actually about 4"x4" with snorkel removed. i will measure later to confirm or prove myself wrong.

The Snorkel removed E is larger than 3" x 3"...It measures 94mm x 82mm..(3.7" x 3.2")

The Snorkel removed E is larger than 3" x 3"...It measures 94mm x 82mm..(3.7" x 3.2")

yep, i just measured it @ approx 3 1/4" x 3 5/8".

little less than 12 square inches vs. the 9 square of the 3x3.

but going 4"x4" kicks it up to 16 square inches.

I just did the 3x3x3! Oh yeah!!!! Everything is in 3D now a days!:smirk:

We have a winner!! :bonk: