Sign in to follow this  

RYP Extra Wide footpegs?

Anyone have any experience with the RYP (Ryan Young) Extra Wide Footpegs- 1/2 back 3/8 lower (https://secure.rypusa.com/prodpage.cfm?cat_selected=116&product_selected=140&startrow=1)?

At the Trials Training Centre, Charlie Roberts (the head instructor) had these on his GG. They looked like they would provide a more comfortable platform for your boots, and he said they worked better being lowered and pushed back. The larger pegs sure didn't get in his way in the tight stuff from what I could see.

I'm thinking of putting new pegs on my '02 TXT Pro this winter.....either these or maybe the Raptors. Not sure which way to go....

Thanks!

I have a set of the RYP half backs on my EVO and my REV3. I like them very much. I'd buy them again. They do everything you mentioned and by moving your weight back they add weight to the back wheel providing more traction and lighten the feel of the front wheel making it easyer to loft the wheel when needed. I also like the 3/8" lower footrest. I think it makes balancing a little easyer because your contact point with the bike is moved farther below the axle line.

The other nice thing about them is that when the cages bend you can usually straighten them out pretty good. Then when you can't straighten them anymore you can simply buy the cages and its like having new pegs again!