Sign in to follow this  

Open C: my first race. Opinions? Advise?

Hey heres a video of the second moto of my first race at raceway park. I finshed 6th out of 13th. What are your Opinions? Any advise you could give me? anyway:

Enjoy:thumbsup::bonk:

how old are you and how long hve you been riding? I am over 40 and just started riding again (raced 27 years ago) and am thinking about a race or 2 in the over 40 c class. Just curious your history and nhow you felt?

There were just a few things I noticed..

1. Dont use your whole hand for clutching, just use one finger- two tops.

2. Keep your clutch covered at all times.

3. Try to work on not following as much.. there were several times where you missed a passing opportunity because you being towed by another guy.

Other than that man, looks good!

I've forgotten how squirrely some of the C/D class guys can be.. watching that one flake on the KX going all over the place made me nervous as heck!

how old are you and how long hve you been riding? I am over 40 and just started riding again (raced 27 years ago) and am thinking about a race or 2 in the over 40 c class. Just curious your history and nhow you felt?

at the time of the video i was 15 and i just turned 16. Ive been riding for 2 seasons

The thing that really stuck out to me was your corner speed.Looked like you were either indecisive or just slowed down too much before the corners. You were trying to balance through them rather than just letting the bike push you through them. The faster you go the easier those rutted corners will get. The bike will just rail through the corner rather than you having to do the work and tip toe through them. Thats where you will make major improvements on your lap times.

Oh and as everyone else said, keep a hand on that clutch man. Still an impressive outing for your first day at the races.

good job and I know how rough that track can get I run D6 also and way to stay away from the kid who just about landed right on top of the guy next to him he was outta control for sure guys like that make me glad the C class is a thing of the past for my son

nice ride:thumbsup:

Thanks guys! and about the two fingures on the clutch i got that fixed now. And im working on coner speed. And if you watch closedly...you can see that he does infact land on him. and he also snaps off his clutch lever and you can see it fall haha.

Good to know your working on your weak points... I see so many beginners at the track that tip toe in the corners then nail it and clear every double, triple, and table on the track while throwing whips and think they are flying, and it drives me nuts. Your making the right steps... one tip I will give you from personal experience and getting my butt handed to me over and over again, when you think your doing them perfectly, PRACTICE MORE! Youll get there man, and you seem like you want to be good , since you took the time to ask, rather than get upset when someone critisizes your riding.:bonk:

Keep up the good work!!! and post more vids. Id like to see you progress.

There were just a few things I noticed..

1. Dont use your whole hand for clutching, just use one finger- two tops.

2. Keep your clutch covered at all times.

3. Try to work on not following as much.. there were several times where you missed a passing opportunity because you being towed by another guy.

Other than that man, looks good!

I've forgotten how squirrely some of the C/D class guys can be.. watching that one flake on the KX going all over the place made me nervous as heck!

Good advice! You look pretty dam good though, in lots of places you were accelerating through the corner which is really good. Its hard to tell but try standing more, watching your handlebars shows me your sitting a lot because they wonder all over the place.

Another thing is drop down a gear in some of those corners. You came in a gear high and tried to power out of them. Other then that, that was way better then I did on my first race. Your gate reaction was good, you show confidence in jumping and being able to pass people.

Did you have fun also?

• Like 1

Thanks again! and i will post more videos soon. This weekend im riding a sand pit in NJ so ill bring the helmet cam. And yeah i had lots of fun. Alot more than i did in my first moto...i crashed in the start and my bike was really hard to start...i caught up and was in 12th or so and it was the last lap and the first place guy lapped me right beofre the finsh line...and i didnt see the checkered flag so i took an extra lap and they put me in last place because of it-___-:bonk::smirk:

sience i cant show you how i ride now...heres how i rode a year before that video ahahaha:

i think i had to be the biggest goon out on the track. Its a crash video of all my crashes haha

Hey man we all start somewhere... You look much better than I did when I was at that stage in my ridin. I wish I still had my vids of when I started out racing. My mom used to drive me crazy b/c she used to come to every practice day and race to film me. I could always hear her yelling, and it made me nervous for some reason, not to mention embarrassed since she did this until I graduated high school. God forbid I would ever crash, even if I just tipped over she would be bailing over the fence to make sure I was OK. I used to hate going to the track when I was younger for that reason.

Nice race for your first one :bonk:

The only thing that I seen that will help you go faster is line selection. That track had so many different lines to take it looked awesome. The best way to find the good ones is to study the A riders and see where they go. Good luck!

Man I forgot how sketchy C class was! :bonk::smirk:

Definitely work on that corner speed!