Sign in to follow this  

Advice on Showa TC Forks 06 RM250 2t oil amount

Currently running the stock fork oil amount (fresh oil) in my forks at 350 cc's, with the correct springs for my weight for an 06 RM250. Having messed with the clickers over and over I cannot seem to dial out the brutal midstroke harshness and they refuse to compress enough to preload a jump they just ramp up and feel as if they lock. All is in perfect working order as the bike is fairly new from when I got it. I'm 100% sure its at 350cc's which is stock so I am going to remove oil to get them to work better ..... As a starting point should I go down 20cc's per leg and see what I get? They don't bottom either and hurt my wrists when I short or flat land something ... Is 20cc's too much?

Also if there is anyone with any experience with the forks on the 04-08 RM250 2 stroke .....what oil level do you run or any experts recommend a certain level? I am trying to get them tolerable until I can afford a revalve. Currently I'm around 210lbs with .46's and should be down sub 200lbs when I get done with the holidays.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Did you put a stiffer spring on the rear too? If not the softer spring on the back along with stiffer springs up frt. will make the forks feel like that. Make sure your R/S fork isn't bound up too..

doc

Did you put a stiffer spring on the rear too? If not the softer spring on the back along with stiffer springs up frt. will make the forks feel like that. Make sure your R/S fork isn't bound up too..

doc

yes I made it it with the correct rear spring to balance out the bike

i like more float on your mid

I understand adding shims to the valve sack can you please post a link and show me where I can purchase the shims so I can do it myself I would really appreciate that ..... I would really like to learn how to work on my suspension in that degree