Sign in to follow this  

Best cleaner for seats ?

What is a good cleaner to use on your seat cover to clean the tough stuff in the grip material , like on the side of the Honda seats. Soapy water and a small brush doesn't do much , but I don't want to use anything to harsh that may damage the seat cover. Also trying to get the Honda lettering on the side of the seat cover white again , without taking the lettering right off.

thanks

i use either soap concentrate and a stiff bristle brush or some leather cleaner

wow thats really friggen smart, ive actually never thought to use leather cleaner :bonk:

Mr. Clean Magic eraser!!! works wonders! cleans white plastic like new, also works on my son's kx65 seat the side is green but gets nasty after a ride. wife uses them all over the house too.

softscrub with a medium 1.5-2 inch bristle brush will make it good as new without wearing lettering. any petroleum based product can do damage

60% diluted simple green and a soft bristle (car rim) brush works really well for me. Dip the brush in mixture, quick scrub, spray off. I use this mixture to clean the entire bike.

I buy the concentrate by the gallon or case... whichever is cheaper at the time. Use it to clean everything, wifes car, my truck, bikes, street bike, etc. best part is it acts like a wax when dry and wicks away water. Not much it wont take off.

Armor All Cleaner Wipes. They have always worked extremely well for me. Even on the red sections of the Honda seats.

I use automotive wheel cleaner. Currently Eagle One All Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Just spray it on and wipe or wash off after 30 seconds. This stuff does wonders with aluminum too as long as it doesn't have, I believe, nickel in it (like engine cases)...