Sign in to follow this  

449/511 Racer Feedback?

Thinking of picking one up this spring.

Can I get some good racer feedback on the bikes in the Enduro/Harescrambles environments?

Likes?

Dislikes?

What did it take to get your bike set up, suspension dialed, efi tuners, etc....?

I do not race mine but you might want to look into the blow out prices on the 2011 TC449. Would be a good race bike I'm sure.

talk to ZipTy racing about set up . burson has had his 449/511 jamming through some tight/technical stuff and came out on or near the top.

Ride, thanx, I saw the year end deals but think they'll get even better by spring. I think last I got another $500 off.

What's weird is a lot of guys buying these for trail but they are not showing up @ races. I will say there are some on the 250/310's.

Am hoping we get some racer feedback?

Ride, thanx, I saw the year end deals but think they'll get even better by spring. I think last time I got another $500 off just by holding out little longer. That'll give me more towards suspension and stuff.

What's weird is a lot of guys buying these for trail but they are not showing up @ races. I will say there are some on the 250/310's.

I swore that I would never get another 4st, unless it had the button.

Robert, thanx i 'll make a phone call down the road.

Edited by Dartyppyt

I think unless your in perfect shape and ride in "A" class, better off with the 310. With the weight and the added power, makes for tiring races when track becomes tight.

I hate to say it, but the 449 could have been a great west coast cross crountry race bike had they set-it up just like what CHracing did in 2010 for the WEC series and Juha.

The Husqvarna 449 American racing failure was do in the most part because the people who were racing the bike were more interested in reinventing the bike from scratch, instead of working with what was proven.

Why? everyone has their reasons, but racing is a business and businesses are in business to sell services and hardware.

If you want to win races and build a winning race reputation it's best to keep it simple and work with what works and build from there.... what a lot of people forget is bikes like the KX500 and XR600 which dominated desert racing for years were old designs with a lot of time put into them over the years.

And yes the TC449 would make a great west coast cross county race bike... if you have any questions call UpTite Husqvarna.

JustSayen

I hate to say it, but the 449 could have been a great west coast cross crountry race bike had they set-it up just like what CHracing did in 2010 for the WEC series and Juha.

The Husqvarna 449 American racing failure was do in the most part because the people who were racing the bike were more interested in reinventing the bike from scratch, instead of working with what was proven.

Why? everyone has their reasons, but racing is a business and businesses are in business to sell services and hardware.

If you want to win races and build a winning race reputation it's best to keep it simple and work with what works and build from there.... what a lot of people forget is bikes like the KX500 and XR600 which dominated desert racing for years were old designs with a lot of time put into them over the years.

And yes the TC449 would make a great west coast cross county race bike... if you have any questions call UpTite Husqvarna.

JustSayen

did you post in the wrong thread?

Dartyppyt- if you are riding locally in Illinois/ D16 harescrambles and enduros like your location states by your id... I'd say the 250/310 Xlites would be a better platform. Most guys I know that race are running 200-300 2-strokes. 450s that race in these areas are usually dualsport cross overs that really just want to ride some trail moreso than be competative. Yes there are guys that run 450s but if its by choice they are Brutes and not human by any means to get those bikes through this stuff. 450 power is overkill for the enduro's I know about. I don't care how you set it up or who sets it up its still a 450. I also kinda figure if you were one of those AAA imortal guys you wouldn't even ask the question- sorry if I am mistaken.

The TXC449 would be a fun bike and could do it- but if you are planning on winning races in this area- I think the xlite would give you an advantage over the 450.

A good contact for racing harescrambles and enduros in Illinois/d16 is Ryan Moss from Midwestenduros.com.

I do race a TE449 and the only reason i'm not racing a TXC 449 is because in the UK they are not imported.

I've owned and raced the xlite 310 and this bike although good is not for me. If your into reving the guts out of a bike having a close ration gearbox buy one. For me i like torque and no revs blipping the throttle and using low down power running high gears in woodlands and then nailing on the big open areas. 4th gear in woodlands is my kind of riding. The extra weight of a 449 settles the bike when lent over in a corner, unlike a flighty 310. There is myth that all you need is a 2504t or a 3104t. Its wrong because confidence to go fast is in the mind and 90% of that is what bike suits you.

I run TC449 forks and JD efi tuner. The rear shock is lowered by 4mm and running a 5.5 rear spring. I'll never buy another 250/3104t they make me ride slow. People think when they rev there bikes and its making lots of noise they are going fast. They are the kind of people who when they get stuck in some mud rev there bikes and dig big holes and wonder why they don't go forward. These are called Reving-Rodneys

You need to look at your style of riding, think how you ride and then you'll know which bike to buy - best of luck and don't forget to look at 2t's

I have both a 144/250 2st huskies. I had a 250 4st. I seem to ride better/faster on the bigbores. So far, thanx for the input, keep it coming.

I do race a TE449 and the only reason i'm not racing a TXC 449 is because in the UK they are not imported.

I've owned and raced the xlite 310 and this bike although good is not for me. If your into reving the guts out of a bike having a close ration gearbox buy one. For me i like torque and no revs blipping the throttle and using low down power running high gears in woodlands and then nailing on the big open areas. 4th gear in woodlands is my kind of riding. The extra weight of a 449 settles the bike when lent over in a corner, unlike a flighty 310. There is myth that all you need is a 2504t or a 3104t. Its wrong because confidence to go fast is in the mind and 90% of that is what bike suits you.

I run TC449 forks and JD efi tuner. The rear shock is lowered by 4mm and running a 5.5 rear spring. I'll never buy another 250/3104t they make me ride slow. People think when they rev there bikes and its making lots of noise they are going fast. They are the kind of people who when they get stuck in some mud rev there bikes and dig big holes and wonder why they don't go forward. These are called Reving-Rodneys

You need to look at your style of riding, think how you ride and then you'll know which bike to buy - best of luck and don't forget to look at 2t's

X2 on what he said... Different strokes for different folks.

He is asking for info from people who actually own a 449/511 and ride the bike and race.

Ride, thanx, I saw the year end deals but think they'll get even better by spring. I think last time I got another $500 off just by holding out little longer. That'll give me more towards suspension and stuff.

I swore that I would never get another 4st, unless it had the button.

Robert, thanx i 'll make a phone call down the road.

No problem. As you know I love mine but use it more for trail racing :bonk: and all around bike. That said I would race this bike, it fits me well and works great. Not light so if you are in tight trees all day I would pick a 250 2st. I love the 250/310 platform as well and still own a TC250 x-light. In the end I find a 250 2st is best for tight woods and the 511 rules in the more open stuff. The TC250 is kinda a specialized mount IMHO. Great in the trees if not super tight and makes you feel hero there but strained when it opens up some.

If you do get on the TXC is a little stiff and the TE is a little soft suspension wise. The JD tuner and a muffler make a big difference on this bike as well.

Good luck, if you were in the NW you could try mine in the woods.

Only person I know of in the USA who races one with any lucky is Nic Burson from Zip Ty Racing

Factory supported rider.Seems everyone else uses them as a trail bike

Another crap myth about the TE449 i keep reading is in press reports saying the TE449 is big heavy and a slow turner. Then in the next sentence i'm subject to reading the TC449 is great turning bike and feels light. What these hi respected publication are over looking is the TE449 has the same frame, dimensions as the TC449! Take your lights of the TE449 and have the suspension stiffened you have a TC449.

I don't like letting all the secrets out of the bag because the TE449 is a brilliant bike and the less people know this kind of information the more it works in my favour when racing. So as the saying goes 'mums-the-word' or don't tell anyone I said this.:bonk:

the secrets out of the bag because the TE449 is a brilliant bike

Pretty much a universal feeling among those whom actually bought and ride one. :bonk: I go through a ton of bikes and get tired of most of them kinda quick and want to try the next new thing. This bike has had more staying power with me than about any other bike I have owned. I think it has to do with the super smooth motor and very accommodating bike that seems to work with you all the time. An EZ mount to love and does most everything well. As a do it all bike I have not found anything better.

Pretty much a universal feeling among those whom actually bought and ride one. :bonk: I go through a ton of bikes and get tired of most of them kinda quick and want to try the next new thing. This bike has had more staying power with me than about any other bike I have owned. I think it has to do with the super smooth motor and very accommodating bike that seems to work with you all the time. An EZ mount to love and does most everything well. As a do it all bike I have not found anything better.

Stop it. Please. Thought I had settled on a Beta but $2000 plus savings is a lot. A whole lot.

What part of the bike was "proven"?

I think BMW was the party guilty of "reinventing" the bike with several engineering concepts that have not met with favor with riders. Many riders say they want the latest technology but in the real world most are slow to take the first step. I do not know if the "concepts" have merit but most seem reluctant to try the new bikes. Very probable that the disastrous experience with Knight tainted the publics view, right or wrong. I have said and still say that BMW mgt does not have a clue to the dirt bike culture. Period. The great prices on the 11's may help exposure and dispel some of this perception. Gonna take a while.

Pretty much a universal feeling among those whom actually bought and ride one. :smirk: I go through a ton of bikes and get tired of most of them kinda quick and want to try the next new thing. This bike has had more staying power with me than about any other bike I have owned. I think it has to do with the super smooth motor and very accommodating bike that seems to work with you all the time. An EZ mount to love and does most everything well. As a do it all bike I have not found anything better.
Bingo. :bonk: First bike I've owned since I got back into riding 5 years ago that I'm 100% statisfied with and haven't once considered selling... and most folks know I change bikes more frequently than underwear.

I thought buying the TE 449 was risky, since it felt heavy on the showroom floor and seemed to have a lot of similarities to my buddy's 2008 GX450 (which was unimpressive). I thought my TE 449 would be "out of my system" within a few months, and sold by mid Summer 2011. To the contrary, it's the only bike I've owned in the past 5 years that fulfills all my expectations. "Satisfying" is the best single word I can find to describe my '11 TE 449. "Keeper" is another.