Sign in to follow this  

Need right crankcase!!!

Hey guys ive traced the noise my bike was making back to the right side case. The stupid prev owner stripped out one of the torx bolts and it has a crack going halfway down and around the bearing seat.:bonk: So whben it got hot i think the bearing spun making the noise. I am in desperate need of a right side case if anyone has one extra or for cheap. I spent most of my money on the top end then the rest on driving school that i got for my birthday in order to get my learners permit. After christmas i will have some money but i still have to get a piston and crank or maybe just crank bearings depending on the rod bearing. I would really appreciate the help. i posted the link of a couple videos i took of the noise and crack PLESE HELP!!

Good luck finding one. They have been on backorder all over the country. Look on ebay often. I got lucky and found one after something blew a hole in mine.

To be honest, I didn't notice any abnormal noise. It's hard to tell.

Sounds like normal 450 to me? Most of the noise you are hearing is from the valves train. Mechanical bucket lifters with a high ramp/lift cam is going to make a lot of noise.

As for your crack, seen if you can see it on the other side of the case. Aluminum likes to develop light superficial surface cracks for some reason, probably has something to do with the casting process.

I think your case would have destroyed itself rapidly with a crack like that if you tried to put any load on the motor.

Are you positive it is a stress crack? It's hard to see in the video, but it could also be a casting flaw. Superficial and not really much to worry about.

You don't mention the year of your bike but I just parted out an '06 CRF450 and have lots of parts including the cases for it.

doc