Sign in to follow this  

95 cr125 vs. 97 cr125 cylinder

I bought a 97 cr125 for a couple humdred bucks as a project for next spring and the cylinder is fubarred so I got on sevricehonda.com looking for a new cylinder. My question is, Will a 95 cr125 cylinder work with a 97 head? And also what is the difference between the two? Im leaning toward the 95 cylinder cause its alittle cheaper. Any info on this would be greatful thanks guys! :bonk:

Did you look at Eric gorr's website? They can be fixed for less than a new one.

I bought a 97 cr125 for a couple humdred bucks as a project for next spring and the cylinder is fubarred so I got on sevricehonda.com looking for a new cylinder. My question is, Will a 95 cr125 cylinder work with a 97 head? And also what is the difference between the two? Im leaning toward the 95 cylinder cause its alittle cheaper. Any info on this would be greatful thanks guys! :bonk:

The 95 will work fine on your 97 if you decide to go that route.

I remember back in the day, the hot set up was a '95 cylinder on a '98 bike.

Don't know the technical reason for it but Eric Gorr says that the 98-99 powervalves on the 96 cylinder nets more low end torque. when I did my 144cc bb kit with him, I had a 96 cylinder and a 98 cylinder so he had me send him the 96 cylinder for the bb and the 98 powervalves.