Sign in to follow this  

bent pipe?

Just took a peek at my bike today and noticed the header pipe doesnt sit flush in the exhaust port. I can wiggle the pipe around a bit but it doesnt return to flush. Bent pipe? Took a gnarly digger on that side of the bike when I first got it, not too worried about it if it wont hurt anything. I can see a small amount of spooge around that area. Thanks!:bonk:

I told you before to leave them trees alone :banana:

There's a couple of pipe repair places close to you, I want to say Renton or Kirkland maybe, believe one of them is Eric Waunch. If you do take it somewhere, besure to ask them if they use a jig to straighten it.

You may have cut the O-ring, have you pulled it off to check it? probably not, you're such a slacker :bonk:

Riding Saturday morning if you can get your lazy butt up :smirk:

Fix it yourself;) All you need is a long pipe and a buddy to help hold the pipe. You do want to fix it. If you leave it the exhaust flange will get hammered. It may take a bunch of minor bends but it is pretty easy.

Joe..............

piece of pipe just big enuf to fit over the header or just inside it. I hold it in a vise by mount tab while having a helper steady it as well. Give a twist to it. Re-fit and re-bend til its close.

DIY for sure. Also check the first mounting bracket welded to the expansion chamber. They sometimes need a little massaging too!

I use my truck receiver hitch and the handle off my floor jack to coax mine when necessary...and it is just about necessary again... lol

I slide the handle in the receiver, then the head pipe onto the handle, bend accordingly as many times as it takes. hahaha

• Like 1

thanks for the tips guys, I will try to fix it myself. Another thought that came to mind was when I was trying to put on the FMF turbine core silencer it was a real bitch to get on, maybe that pushed the expansion chamber forward causing it to not fit right. Im gonna call fmf just to double check to see if I got the right silencer, doesnt seem right that it fit so tight!

Mine gets bent after a hard drop on the right side. Cuts the orings and makes it sit cockeye'd in the flange. Its gets annoying having to straighten it back out.

Has anyone added a mount or something to help stop it from happening?