Sign in to follow this  

20007 kx250f need help!!

well one day i went to start my bike and noticed a puddle of anti freeze, i bought some sealant and fixed her up (still no leak) but my bike seems to be "burning" antifreeze before the engine get very hot. also sometimes when i start my bike oil literally RUNS LIKE out of either my carb overflow or the pressure realise hose ( i think i called) that comes out of the top of the head (this has happened 2 times). i am not sure if the issues are related but i do know my bike is extremely well maintained, not rode hard (C class), and it has a few internal upgrades (high comp piston and aftermarket accelerator pump) any input would be of much help and appreciation.:smirk:

Also if it makes a difference i am located in Colorado Springs so we re at high altitude. :bonk:

You may have a blown head gasket.

Or maybe...

Was the hi-comp piston recently put in? If so, I have heard some people having trouble with the orientation of one of the rings...it being upside down causes excess crankcase pressure and thus forces oil out of the crank breather that you described as happening.

I'm sure minds more experienced than mine will comment on this topic.

Good luck.

You may have a blown head gasket.

Or maybe...

Was the hi-comp piston recently put in? If so, I have heard some people having trouble with the orientation of one of the rings...it being upside down causes excess crankcase pressure and thus forces oil out of the crank breather that you described as happening.

I'm sure minds more experienced than mine will comment on this topic.

Good luck.

yeah i thought a blown head gasket aswell but it isnt lacking any power or compression... so idk but no the piston was put in some 20 hours of rode time ago.

to answer your question D-K:

coolant was a leak out of the bottom of the right radiator not out of the overflow (sorry for being unclear)... oil was coming out of the crack case breather i thought it was the carb overflow though...

even with a blown head gasket you may not notice any powerloss.. if it's burning coolant or the coolant is getting into the oil you need to find out whats up with it.. BTW it could be a seal in the water pump

even with a blown head gasket you may not notice any powerloss.. if it's burning coolant or the coolant is getting into the oil you need to find out whats up with it.. BTW it could be a seal in the water pump

i torn down my pump about 3 days ago when it started happening and everything checked out... do you think i should just get a whole knew top end? it is about time to replace it anyways (thought it had 20 hours actually has close to 50 i called the guy i bought it from to be sure)