Sign in to follow this  

Color Rite??

So i was thinking about painting the frame on my bike and was wondering if anyone has ordered paint from Color Rite? The people at the bike shop recomended them but im not sure they even ride themselfs. If so has anyone got the aerosol, and how close is the match?

Color Rite makes good paint and the match is spot on, I used the Yamaha frame paint a long while back. It is not cheap, on my old bike I ended up painting all of exposed frame that was worn but ended up running guards in the long run anyway.

$200+ for powder coat I'm just going to wear of at the rub points in a year is a huge waste of money for me. :bonk:

It's that why we install frame protectors...:bonk:

I have frame protectors, they cover the lower half, It still manage to wear off the top half, big rip, its a dirt bike, meant to be thrashed!

you can go to your local auto body paint store and they can either look up the color or if you have something with the color on it, they can scan it.Either way, they can put the paint in spray cans for you if you have no paint equipment, and it's better paint than regular spray cans

Does PJ1 still make frame paint? I know it was a lot cheaper then this Color Rite.

It is a shame that PJ1 pulled out of that market.

They had most bikes covered with their multi-coat epoxy paint system.

Ocasionally you see some of it on eBay or Amazon, but sadly, it is gone.

it dosent make sense to paint the frame if your just going to put a guard over it? just buy the guard and put it on nobody is ever going to see whats under it unless you decide to take it off