Sign in to follow this  

2008 YZ250 build

Ha, you had me goin for a min. I was pissed when you posted the teaser pic on the other thread. That thing is clean! Looks identical to my 08. Same fork decals and everything.

Until this winter that is! Maybe we can have a little build off LMAO! Your gonna have a blast on this thing man! Congrats.

Ha, you had me goin for a min. I was pissed when you posted the teaser pic on the other thread. That thing is clean! Looks identical to my 08. Same fork decals and everything.

Until this winter that is! Maybe we can have a little build off LMAO! Your gonna have a blast on this thing man! Congrats.

thanks man! i posted the teaser but couldnt wait to post the actual bike lol

One thing I know for sure is those grips arent going anywhere! lol Thats alot of wire!

Man, I cant wait to see what you do with this thing. When are you planning on starting the tear down?

Not that you probably care much since you got your new toy but I wont start mine for probably about a month since I already have the 96 partially torn down to send suspension out, rebuild motor and lace the new rims up, so I might as well get it squared away 100% first. Dont know whether Im gonna move on to the 08 or the 450 after that. Too many projects at one time, but I can use your builld for inspiration like I did with your 125. Just wanted to mention that b/c its usually easier to ask someone questions when they are building at the same time. So Ill probably have plenty for you.

probably wont start until after christmas. im spending all my money on presents lol. but that sounds sick man make a thread so i can follow your build! i gotta decide what i really wanna do with it first. im either gonna make it a twin to the 125 or keep it blue with the same graphics as the 125 but different colors havnt decided yet.

I vote twin... by the beginning of next season I plan on having 5 identical bikes. Something about uniform bikes is just sexy to me LMAO! Makes it feel like you have your own race team a little.

thanks guys! and yeah itll probably end up being a twin. i have the fender and number plate for it already so we'll see. i just dont wanna buy another gas tank lol

I had to get a black tank too, o well it was worth it. But twice? probably not :bonk:

I think Im most interested in what your gonna do with the motor. Leaning towards any certain exhaust? For me its either a DEP or stock all the way. DEP works best on the rougher tracks with lots of elevation change. When I ride on a smooth well groomed track I prefer the stock pipe.

I saw you started a pipe thread a little while ago but couldnt find it now and wondered what you found out. Stimps did a very good pipe shootout for these Yz's and if I rem correctly the stock pipe and DEP stood out above the rest with a standard length silencer as far as overall performance.

It def does... although you could probably use the PC the way its designed to be used though. The PC is all top end... if you cant keep the bike wound out, the PC is the wrong pipe choice IMO for any serious racer, if you can use it, it can be the perfect choice. The reason the DEP stands out is because it is very versitile, it works everywhere. Strong everywhere with no weak points, to put it simply it pulls hard from bottom to top. FMF has a stronger bottom end than the PC but signs off a little too early for my liking.

I personally like the DEP / shorty combo because it pulls hard off the bottom and just sings forever... seems like it never signs off!

Nah, not that I know of. I run a R304 shorty with my DEP (steel version, its a little stronger and less prone to dents) or stocker depending on which one Im using at the time.