Sign in to follow this  

Backfiring/wont run crf 450 stroker HELP!

Hey all, I just finished rebuilding my 2006 CRF 450R. I installed a 3mm stroker crank, 13.5:1 JE piston, and faction mx intake and exhaust valves (also had my seats cut). I just got everything bolted up and.. Yikes! I finally (after 10 min of kicking) got it started. I started it up, warming it up with the choke on. as soon as i turned off the choke, when i rev it up it pops and backfires horribly! and wont idle and just flames out and dies. I need some help! Also, no matter what I do with the fuel screw it does not change it. Thanks!

Forgot to add, It ran really well with the choke on. I ran it up and down the road with the choke on, and it ran great.

Its lean!! Check your hotstart at the carb and make sure its not stuck or leaking etc. Im sure youll have to rejet for the mods as well. And maybe a clogged idle ciruit?

Well guys, it was the "dreaded floating slide plate". switched that around, started right up. she runs like a boss! It runs really well with the jetting the way it was before i put in the 13.5:1 piston and +3mm stroker crank. It runs great with the same jetting. Should I mess with my jets to perhaps gain a little power? Thanks guys!