Sign in to follow this  

Winter Workouts

I just got this, and started using it this week. So far its been great to get my cardio in.

What does everyone else do during the winter months to stay in mx shape?

IMG_2560.jpg

i wrestle! have an iowa coach and three mma fighters as assitant coaches, you get a good workout in! :thumbusp: and you work on your reflexes, veryyy good for motox stuff!

who's the Iowa coach helping you out? Iowa hawkeyes I assume, I know Mike and Bill Zadick very well.

indoor arenacross thanksgiving to new years day

two outdoors tracks open through the winter

dunes

trails

gym

I eat cheezy poofs and curl beer bottles all winter to keep my voluptuous figure.

:bonk:

hahah nice!

who's the Iowa coach helping you out? Iowa hawkeyes I assume, I know Mike and Bill Zadick very well.

ben uker! he's our head coach 2 time all american and was in mma for like 7 years... have robbie lawler up with us too.... he tends to keep us in line! :bonk:

I eat cheezy poofs and curl beer bottles all winter to keep my voluptuous figure.

:bonk:

Glad to see that there are others besides me who subscribe to the Abs of Flab workout philosophy. I skip the cheese puffs most of the time and make up for the loss of those calories by drinking strong winter homebrews.

Glad to see that there are others besides me who subscribe to the Abs of Flab workout philosophy. I skip the cheese puffs most of the time and make up for the loss of those calories by drinking strong winter homebrews.

LOL, I actually hate cheese puffs.

Basketball 3 nights a week, and im in the gym either at work or our rec center lifting and running on the treadmill 6 days a week, and if I dont make it to the gym on my days off I do insanity instead along with 30-60 mins min on the stationary every single night while I watch football or basketball. I even play alive from time to time while Im peddling if theres no games on tv.

This isnt just durring the winter though, this is a year round deal.

and in all honesty if i didn't live in iowa where it was blistering cold one day and hot the next... (it gets hard to make riding plans...) i would never have done wrestling and just rode year round!

crossfit.

+1 on that.

My Crossfit guy is a local expert too, which makes things fun.

Ice hockey, us Canadians here have a long off season, so its important to stay in shape eh

I don't do a whole lot different. Spend a little more time at the gym since I'm not riding. Go a little heavier with weights since I don't need to worry about recovery before a race. Go to the gym on Sundays out of boredom. Drink beer while tinkering on bikes and stuff. Drink beer while watching football.

I help the wife with her "screen door in a hurricane" impersonation.

Other than that, the mtb goes on the trainer and I spin for cardio.