Sign in to follow this  

YZ 125 Push Rod

Hi again. Well after examining my top end and right case cover, I've discovered that the push rod assembly for the powervalve is broken, and now I need a new one.:bonk:

Found one for $85 plus shipping, but that's a little steep for me, does anyone have a spare push rod assembly that they'd be willing to part with that'll fit a '99?

Edited by Trykman

You might try generation cycle? Ive never gotten anything from them but they part out bikes, and they might have the pushrod.

You might try generation cycle? Ive never gotten anything from them but they part out bikes, and they might have the pushrod.

Spent some time checking Generation Cycle for everything from a 1997-2001 YZ 125 since I know those bikes are parts compatible. Thanks for that place though, I will definitely check that site regularly in search of this piece.:bonk:

Since you need to remove the side cover anyways why not just take it off

and have it welded? The arm was broke on my 08 YZ125 when I bought it after getting a new one I wish I would have just welded it.

Good Luck!

Since you need to remove the side cover anyways why not just take it off

and have it welded? The arm was broke on my 08 YZ125 when I bought it after getting a new one I wish I would have just welded it.

Good Luck!

I though about welding until I noticed the bottom part of it is completely seized. That, and the screws that attach the arm to another piece are stripped so I'll see if I can get the arm out of the crankcase cover in one piece and un-seize it. If I do, I'll try to weld it.

I though about welding until I noticed the bottom part of it is completely seized. That, and the screws that attach the arm to another piece are stripped so I'll see if I can get the arm out of the crankcase cover in one piece and un-seize it. If I do, I'll try to weld it.

Mine had the same problem, the actuator was not in the groove on the governor shaft and the bearings along with a shaft were shot. $$$

I think the problem came from the prior owner not using the stopper when he tightened the power valve arm.

Good Luck!