Sign in to follow this  

TS250 Jugs

Some of the jugs have a intake manifold for the carb, other a slip in style intake, the slip in style studs are spaced ever so slightly wider than the flange mount carb, also the exhaust is not simply a collar with 2 10mm bolts and a spring, rather is is a slip in type female receptacle with a threaded collar and spring. At what year were the differences? I checked schematics on bike bandit and all jugs appear the same. I even looked at TM and PE jugs.

The reason I ask is the jug I had bored to fit a new OS wiseco piston if of the later design, had a slip in carb type mount and the feamle exhaust rectacle. I am sure it will work fine. But to use the flange mount carb I have to elongate one side of the intake manifold - ever so slightly - for fitment.

and to answer my own question and after much research. The 1969/70 TS250 used a spigot mount carb, after that they were all flange mount. The early versions also made less power, 19 vs 23 - quite a difference.

The pix you found most not have been OEM info. but Bike Bandit's thought that "all cylinders are the same, we'll use the same pix". Check an OEM web site (maybe you aready did) and you'll see an accurate pix. I have an '80 TS250 and it has the 10mm. studs- probably no help to you now.

actually bike bandit's parts breakdown is pretty accurate, and shows the 69-70 spigot mount and the remainder as flange mounts. Even the spigot has the studs for an intake, much like the TS400 uses. I believe the porting may have been different on the 60-70 and also they still used points unlike the PEI on the 71 and on.... (except the TS-125 which I always thought odd.)

Oh and one other thing on bike bandit, don't count on getting what you order when it comes to vintage parts. They simply farm the order out to dealers and suzuki in general and whomevers answers up they take it and you get it, No research is done and no experience is used. If I had to give em a percentage grade for overall order accuracy, I would still say they are pretty good, 85 to 90% of the time.