Sign in to follow this  

Cleaning paint off of a seat cover

I spray painted something white in my garage, and a little over-spray settled on my bike. It was easy to get off of everything except the seat cover. Any ideas what I could use to clean it that won't damage the black gripper seat cover I just put on it? I've also thought about using some sort of dye to make it look new again, but I don't want my butt to be black every time I sit on it.

Have you tried Goo Gone or anything like it yet ?? , Mineral Spirits/Paint Thinner should also work without damaging anything (not Lacquer Thinner), but just read the labels to be sure

Haven't tried anything but soap and water so far. I do have some goo gone, but didn't realy think of using it-I didn't think it would remove paint. As far as paint thinner, brake cleaner, etc, I was afraid that the chemicals would be too harsh and damage the seat cover.

I spray painted something white in my garage, and a little over-spray settled on my bike. It was easy to get off of everything except the seat cover. Any ideas what I could use to clean it that won't damage the black gripper seat cover I just put on it? I've also thought about using some sort of dye to make it look new again, but I don't want my butt to be black every time I sit on it.

I got bad paint on mine.. Did you happen to find a solution if so what was it. Dumb ass that owned the bike before me painted seat black

I got bad paint on mine.. Did you happen to find a solution if so what was it. Dumb ass that owned the bike before me painted seat black

Not really. I ended up recovering the seat.

lol ok sounds good well ima try paint thinner then

try gasoline? It gets paint off of everything I don't see why it wouldn't remove it from a seat.

I'm probably completely wrong on this, but could you take it off and throw it in the washer? haha. Just a thought.
you probably could but you may junk the seat cover while you're at it. I don't think I'd try it but it may work!