Sign in to follow this  

2012 KTM 350 XCF-W vs 300 XC-W

I was set on getting the 2012 300xc-w then I heard about this 2012 350xcf-w. Has anyone have a opinion on these 2 bikes or better yet ridden the 2? Currently i have 08 KTM 450xc-f and ride technical trail and wont a more technical bike then the 450. also of the 2 stoke 300 how does that bikes jetting do when changing altitude be 3000 ft but leaving the jetting the same? never had a 2 stroke not sure how versitile the jetting is on them.

Thanks

Boy what a sweet, but difficult decision that you have in front of you! I live in Moab so I understand the questions about altitude change (I ride alot of CO. ST in the summer). I have a number of friends with KTM 2 strokes and they jet twice a year, for Co. ST and for Moab/swell/Western Slope Desert stuff obviously if you're racing some fine tuning would be good).

One buddy just switched from a '07 450exc to a '10 300XC-W and he said that the 300 was harder to find traction but was better in the Gnar. He rides the 3-hundo much more precise and like his trials bike though. Both bikes were revalved by Slavens and he likes the 300 forks much better and is still working out the shock.

My personal favorite thing about the KTM smokers is the adjustability of the power delivery, you can go from mild to moderately wild with them.

I've never ridden a 350 xcf-w but I like the mid-sized 4t's! I ride a 400xc-w. I think the 350 would be as versitile as anything on the market for an off-road rider.

If I had money to buy a '12 it'd be a Beta 350rr.

Good luck with your decision! you're in a no lose situation!

I too was considering the same bikes. I was also considering the 250 XCF-W.

I ended up going with the 2012 - 300 XCW. It's super light weight, easy to maintain and the people that I directly know of that own them love them. We all ride here in Colorado so jetting is always in the back of your mind but it doesn't seem to be an issue.

My close friend that ownes one had his jetted at the dealership when he bought it and said he has made no changes since then. The bike is 2 years old ow.

You should call your local dealers for test rides to form your own opinion. Because internet dingdongs are very opinionated about their opinons. :smirk:

Also, it may not be feasible for your location but, here is the link to the upcoming ride orange demo days. http://www.ktm.com/us/news-events/news/all/details/news/detail/News/ktm-ride-orange-demo-ride-programschedule.html

I have a 300 XC...its the best trail bike Ive ever owned and Ive had a few. The 350 is a good bike..I know someone who rides one, but for the average rider, the 300 is king.