Oil for 20F Riding

I did some searching for "winter oil" and "cold oil" here on TT and I didn't get a lot of specific information back, so I figured I would ask here.

I'm going to be riding in 20F-25F weather for the winter (hard use, lots of full throttle pulling with the Mountain Horse) and wondered what a recommended oil weight would be. Currently I'm running Yamalube Semi-Synthetic 10W-50. The bike will be seeing LOTS of hours this winter so I would like to buy oil at more than a quart or two at a time. My plan is to change the oil every 10 hours without exception and change the oil filter every other ride.

Suggestions? Also, can I get away with changing the filter every other ride or should I change that every ride as well? Any good place to buy 10 filters at a time and bulk oil would be great. My dealer is killing me over these prices.

I'm currently trying to work out my jetting. The problem is the temperature, but I think we got it figured out now. I would just like to find some oil that works for what I need and doesn't cost an arm and a leg like Yamalube does. I'll buy bulk of whatever works. I'll end up doing at least 20-25 oil changes this winter.

That Mountain Horse set up is sweet! Wish i could afford one. Anyone know of a used kit for an 06' WR for sale? Living in Michigan and doing snow removal, I only get a few weekends a year to ride in the snow, but i'd love to convert mine.

cant really help you on the oil part but i would suggest instead of buying a crap ton of throw away filters, just buy a steel re-usable filter - http://www.cheapcycleparts.com/products/1242-pc-racing-pc141-oil-filters-pc-racing-flo-stainless-steel-oil-filter . thats what i run and they work great and super easy to clean. -Wes

If you don't go stainless I'd do an every other change on the throw-away filters, as others have alluded to. I usually go one weight lighter for cold winter riding but you mentioned a lot of full throttle hard running. If the bike starts easily in the cold I'd run my usual.

Amsoil, Spectro, and I think a few others are brewing 0w-40 synthetics for ATV's and 4 stroke snow machines that are JASO MA certified. I've run the Spectro in my WR without any problems. The only thing I've noticed is that it seems to break down a little faster than the 15W-50 synthetics I use in the summer. Usually go 500 miles between changes in the summer or when the tranny doesn't shift quite as smoothly.