Sign in to follow this  

California Knoxville question

Does anyone know if you can ride from the low water bridge off of HYW 16 near Brooks over the mountain via Reiff rd. over to Knoxville? I herd there was a gate there somewhere and that it was seasonal. If there is a gate, can I get around it? I would be on a plated bike.

I rode from the low water bridge to the top of the mountain a few weeks ago after a good rain, but that was as far as I got before turning around due to the snotty deep mud there.

I've heard there was a gate at the end of Rieff Rd, not sure if you can get around it or what. Conditions get really crappy on that road when it's wet, pure snot and slime and no fun.

Have you checked out the dirt road that goes from Rumsey to Dunnigan? It starts across the old bridge off of Hwy 16 but it might be closed during the rainy season, maybe we should check it out...

I have the week of X-mas off and was thinking about exploring some close by stuff... Knoxville is close if I can cut over from 16 on Reiff rd. I can stage 45 minutes from my house. Which is the only reason I would ride Knoxville really. Rumsy is right there if there is a closed gate on Reiff we can go check that out too. You free during the weekday next week?

I'll see what I can do, I've got this Friday off though... Had a good rain overnight, tomorrow ought to be epic if I go.

I have done that ride with Gold Country Dual Sport. We came in from the north. I was on my 950 under dry conditions. No gate issues. We did the ride in Febuary, so, if there was a seasonal gate closure you would think it would have been closed.

Here's the video

Hey Shag, tomorrow, 9:30 Wolf Creek staging area at Stony, you in? I'm taking a mental health day off work to go ride, Ossi-you out there?

I would much rather hit Stoney than work tomorrow...we're super busy and I gotta work Saturday too. We're going to Elkins Flat Sunday if your interested. I want to ride over to Knoxville Tuesday or Wednesday from the low water bridge. If anyone is interested in joining give me a shout.

OK....I did a google search and found this bit of info on Adventure Rider..."The gates usually open May 15 and close Nov. 15". Guess I'll have to pack the bolt cutters or wait till spring. Hmmm :bonk: