Sign in to follow this  

That was easy....08 Husqvarna CR 125

I bought a 08 CR 125 in pretty darn good shape for 2k today. These bikes are totally new to me but I took a burn up the road (no helmet:bonk:) and man, this thing pulls. I have a 06 YZ 125, with no tuning the Husky seems to pull pretty dam good, the bottom end is amazing! I pulled the plug, why isnt it this easy on other bikes? I will post pics when I find my dumb camera but im thinking a complete resto, this bike is going to be for company and what not. Just wanting to say, im quite impressed with this bike so far and hope for good things to come from it!:bonk:

Yes CONGRATS. I have a 08 CR 144 (now) and yes they pull extreamly well stock. Enjoy.

i have an '04 and itd be hard to part with for that price. Husky's are so easy to work on.

3 bolts and the entire subframe/silencer/fender/sidepanels are off. 1 bolt and the tank, front sidepanels are off.

Can do the top end in an hour.

Where abouts in bc are you?

i have an '04 and itd be hard to part with for that price. Husky's are so easy to work on.

3 bolts and the entire subframe/silencer/fender/sidepanels are off. 1 bolt and the tank, front sidepanels are off.

Can do the top end in an hour.

Where abouts in bc are you?

Kamloops. I will sell it to you for that price if your interested. Even let you make payments on it! I bought it because it was a good deal but I really dont know what to do with it now. I dont really need a 5th bike

Heres a pic! I cleaned it up a bit, did the airfilter, cleaned the airbox, threw a bar pad on, cleaned the sticker residue off the swing arm, etc etc. Still have some cleaning and prep to do but again, for 2k im pretty happy! Pipe is like new, no dents, rims and hubs are like brand new, plastic is in good shape, engine is super clean.

Its a cell phone pic, its crappy!

IMG_0181.jpg

I bought a 08 CR 125 in pretty darn good shape for 2k today. These bikes are totally new to me but I took a burn up the road (no helmet:bonk:) and man, this thing pulls. I have a 06 YZ 125, with no tuning the Husky seems to pull pretty dam good, the bottom end is amazing! I pulled the plug, why isnt it this easy on other bikes? I will post pics when I find my dumb camera but im thinking a complete resto, this bike is going to be for company and what not. Just wanting to say, im quite impressed with this bike so far and hope for good things to come from it!:bonk:

Thats a great deal, Congrats!

Like john I have an 08 cr 144. you can put a fmf pipe on it for a little more bottom and it responds well to a power now if it doesn't have one already. Don't forget to rejet if you do the pipe .. new pipe and a cool day and my 125was on its way to becoming a 144. I've got mine for sale for $2300. its a great bike keep it and ride it, let someone else ride it and if they like it sell it to them!! if you want more bottom A 144 tuned for more bottom to mid works great in the tight nasty tuff

Thanks for the advice guys. My brother came down for the holidays and liked it so I sold it to him for what I paid for it. He was real excited as he has always wanted another bike but doesnt have a lot of money!

Good for you man. Looking at that stock bike makes me want to sell my Honda and get on a husky. If I find one in my area for that price I'm jumping on it. And it looks easy to work on with all that space. I have to pull my tank just to hange the spark plug.

i used to have a 08 cr 125, they respond extremely well with a power now kit, I went with stiffer clutch springs, i found the clutch faded easily on these bikes, other then that awesome rides for sure, ease of maintenance is wicked, especially price to fun ratio

Yes CONGRATS. I have a 08 CR 144 (now) and yes they pull extreamly well stock. Enjoy.

What do you weigh?

Its mine now!

she does rip pretty good, suprisingly faster than my 04, can't wait to get it into some trails.