Sign in to follow this  

scotts stabilizer with easton oversize handlebars

Hey, I am looking to get a set of easton oversize handlebars for my drz and am also interested in purchasing a steering stabilizer from scotts. The scotts stabilizer looks like it comes with a handlebar clamp but the easton bars require a special clamp because they are fatter than stock. on scotts website there is only an option for 22 and 28mm bars and the easton bars are 35mm.

My question is, does anybody use this combo, and if so do I need a special clamp from scotts?

any help is appreciated, Cheers!

The Easton 35mm (1 3/8) bars are a strange product with little support other then Easton.

They sell propriety clamps to go with that oversize bar. But of course, those bar clamps do nothing for those wanting to mount a stabilizer to the clamp.

You’ll have to contact Scotts to see if they sell a clamp that mounts the stabilizer and works with 35mm bars., they do not list one on their site, nor do I remember seeing anyone with Easton 35mm bars mounting a Scotts stabilizer.

Hey, I am looking to get a set of easton oversize handlebars for my drz and am also interested in purchasing a steering stabilizer from scotts. The scotts stabilizer looks like it comes with a handlebar clamp but the easton bars require a special clamp because they are fatter than stock. on scotts website there is only an option for 22 and 28mm bars and the easton bars are 35mm.

My question is, does anybody use this combo, and if so do I need a special clamp from scotts?

any help is appreciated, Cheers!

Unfortunately we do not have a mount to work with bars bigger than 1 1/8 so the xtra large Easton bars will not work with the damper.

• Like 1

Eric,

Do you sell an under-bar mount for the scotts for the DRZ?

Thanks.

We do have a SUB mount damper kit for the DRZ but it requires buying a complete new triple clamp and the 1 1/8 bars.

http://www.scottsonline.com/litrack/280.pdf

The above link shows the mounting instructions and pictures of what the kit looks like.

I have the undermount scotts drz400 set up with 1 1/8" protapers and its awesome. I wouldn't want to ride without it!

Thanks Eric,

Can you post a price?

Complete damper, triple clamp and all the mounting hardware you need is $615.00 MSRP and includes everything but bars. The triple clamp is ready for the 1 1/8 bars or if you have a good set of 7/8 bars we have an adapter that will convert the big bar mount size down to the smaller size for an additional $29.95.

Thanks-

Eric

One more question. Does anyone have the Scott's undermount installed with the Britannia Composites Lynx? Are they compatible?

One more question. Does anyone have the Scott's undermount installed with the Britannia Composites Lynx? Are they compatible?

1st, to be honest, I had no idea what a Britannia Composites Lynx was before you posted and I googled it. :bonk:

2nd

http://www.britanniacomposites.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=66

DRZ400SM-2lg.jpg

Based on the pictures from the site, it does not look like it.. but call or write the manufacture, they would be the authority on it..

All that said... if an owner really wanted to run the 1 3/8 bars, it is a very basic and simple machining operation to bore the holes in the clamp to that size.. Any machine shop can do this and the cost should be reasonable.

The problem lies with gettting a damper mount to work with the bigger bars.

The problem lies with gettting a damper mount to work with the bigger bars.

I see your point, not a bolt on affair, but once you start down the custom path of having the clamp bored. What’s a little more Modding :bonk:

The bar clamp mount, bored out to larger size and a weld on pin mount or clamp on pin mount modified for height should work.

Is there something else that will cause interference I’m not thinking of?

The problem with trying to bore the top bar clamp is that there is not enough "meat" between the two holes to convert the 1 1/8 bore size to the 1 3/8 bore. Short of someone manufacturing a complete new barclamp to the correct bar dimensions and the correct damper dimensions I dont see any way around this. Unfortunately this is a project that Easton abandoned after having several prototypes of damper mounts and we just have not had the demand to come up with all new barclamps for the bigger bar.