Sign in to follow this  

cheap freestyle bike

im looking at getting into freestyle, i weigh 77Kg, about 1.8m tall and 19 years old, ive been riding for about 5 years, current bike is a 09 TE 450, i mostly ride endure, but can do small whips, no hand landings, no footers and can get my feet to the bars, but have never been able to do a heal clicker on the 450. anyhow it cam up that i have an extra bit of money atm, and r having a good jump being built, so im after a small light cheap bike that i can thrash round on, and can get a bit more serous about freestyle on. so hears my question what is better for freestyle only: kx125 yz125, cr125 and maybe 125sx (but i havent really been able to find any of them in my price range)

I don't see many people doing freestyle on 125's 250f's... I would highly recommend a mx 250 2 stroke

I don't see many people doing freestyle on 125's 250f's... I would highly recommend a mx 250 2 stroke

yeh i would say the same... try to find a late 90's 250, any brand will do, and they havent changed the design of the 250's much since the 90's with the exceptio of the frame, go for a 98-03 cr, ive heard alot of good things about threm, or if you want something super-reliable go for a yz or an rm, they both have the most power in that class and they are really reliable. you can easilly find a late 90's 250 for under $1000 and that'll leave you some room to give it a new top end and maybe some mods. i personally would go for a crif you going to do freestyle on it because i think theyre the lightest and are a bit snappier than the others. but it all depends on the condition and how well the previous owner to care of it

nah 125 better to start you can get a little loose with the throttle and not kill yourself

I know what your saying but ive seen a lot of kids moving from 125s to 250s and when they are at the MX track all of a sudden they have a harder time on jumps, nose high, nose low, swapping out..

Its tamer, but when it hits, its putting double the power to the ramp.

125s are lighter, so you could go with that, the susupension on those 125's are decent, once you start getting your tricks down on the 125, you can move up to a 250, and since when do you need full throttle on a 250 for fmx guys ? <.<