Sign in to follow this  

adjust your acr.

A friend brought me a klx ,and said he broke the kick starter, ask if i could fix it. when i opened it up and the idler was in place, i got a suprize. This is now my parts bike, and this is what happens when you keep kicking your klx without your acr being adjusted right. notice the idler not broken . also included is a ported and polished stock head pipe. I did this to the one that was on this bike. I put it on my 2005 and it does make a difference. just a cheap mod.

http://s1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc405/bikerman32158/

It's not likely that the ACR timing caused that damage. Did the owner crash on that side of the bike?

Ride on

Brewster

No, he did'nt crash it. check out that side of bike. its a stock bore also. valve settings are good. I have the engine out of it now. bike is in great shape. needs swingarm bearings..:smirk: Looks to me like the cases have been split on it before, and top end rebuilt. It wasnt siezed up. Piston & bore looks real good. Connect rod is good and is within spec. I really dont want to split the cases..(not my favorite thing).. ,but if i find an engine cheap , ill have it running in a couple hrs. its a good bike, except for the engine case problem....im not going to tie up alot or any money in it ..Ill just use it as a parts bike for me. i've already used the throttle cable off it, for the magura set up. :bonk: