Sign in to follow this  

KLR 650 Lower Fairing Clip Question, Help

Hey, all,

So I was taking off the lower fairing to place it back on right because it popped out, and after putting it back in place, I couldn't get the screw that connects the upper cowling to the lower fairing to screw back into the clip. I think the clip's thread are a weird angle or something and I need a new one. Do any of you guys know where I can get one from. I looked on oem parts, but I couldn't find the part.

Thanks in advance.

What year KLR? Pre-'08 or later?

I think the clip you're talking about is called a blind nut. I believe I remember Home Depot or Lowes having them in their special fasteners bins.

big surprise... Kawi is not made with too much precision. I usually try to just start all the screws & leave them loose until they are in, then tighten... you may need to loosen others to get an alignment. And.... you may need to wallow out the plastic a bit as well. I assemble almost everything on the bike with RTV rather than Locktite because it dampens vibration & fills gaps as well as keeping fasteners from falling out.

P.S. Ace hardware has those clips too... prolly cheaper than the dealer, but more than a real fastener store