Sign in to follow this  

boyesen rad valve vs. vforce3

Looking to improve the low to mid range on my sons yz85 and I am having trouble finding out the advantages/disadvantages of the boysen and vforce 3 valves. Any info on either would be appreciated.

trying to get low end power out of a yz-85 is not that easy,we always ran the rad valve,but if you add a flywheel weight,you can help out the low end a bit,you will give up some on top but those bikes have plenty of top end for most kids.a big bore kit helps with low end torque,i built a 98cc yammie,and with the flywheel weight there was plenty dowm low.

Not only is Rad valve known as the better product but it helps more in the low end, where as VF3 is supposedly all top end. Plus rad valve comes with the whole cage and even it's own boot to attach the carb to.

Not sure about this model and what is available, but in general, some exhaust pipes are designed for better low end power. find one of those and try it.

dont waste your money on a pipe,i have ran alot of different pipes.the only one that added any bit of low end was a fmf fatty,the reason these bikes dont have any low end is because the motor doesnt have a powervalve.these are race bikes and need a agressive rider to make the most of the mid to top power.