Sign in to follow this  

96 cr250 rs crankseal

Okay so i'm going to be replacing the right side crankseal, my question is can I do this by just removing the clutch cover and then just removing the basket or will I need to pull the entire clutch side housing off to do this?

Thanks in advance.

:bonk:

Hi Mate, i know with the rm250 you need to remove the basket and all the clutch side casing. should be pretty much the same on the Cr because theres a cog that goes on it so remove it all i say. :bonk:

the whole right side case needs to come off, the entire clutch assembly can stay on. replace the collar that the seal runs on as well.

also for future reference, the basket will not come out with the case on either. only the clutch plates and inner hub will.

Thanks for the help guys....

mynewcr250 - when you say the whole right side case needs to come off, your just referring to the clutchside housing right? I believe this service of changing the rs crankseal can be done without splitting the cases right?

Thanks for the help guys....

mynewcr250 - when you say the whole right side case needs to come off, your just referring to the clutchside housing right? I believe this service of changing the rs crankseal can be done without splitting the cases right?

correct. i mean the right outer case, not the right case half.

correct. i mean the right outer case, not the right case half.

Right Right!!! That's what I thought but just wanted to clarify. Wanted to tackle this today but got caught up in the Christmas Shopping dealio with the ole lady........argh!