Sign in to follow this  

looking for Rider reviews of 2012 350 XC-F

Hi,

I'm looking for Rider reviews of 2012 350 XC-F. How does the motor/ suspension feel to you and if possible ,compare to the 2011 etc...

Not interested in hearsay or guess's. Just actual owners... thanks!

I've had the 2011 since July. Came from a long line of Zukes and then Honda's and now a KTM (first one ever). I will say about the only difference I can truly notice is that this bike is twitchy, turn the front end and it tracks there, BUT if you aren't carrying a bit of speed in soft sand, mud, muck, whatever ...that front end will dig in like a rabbid wolf after a snow bunny.

Don:thumbsup:

Still like my '07 Honda CRF450 but the KTM has impressed even an old fart like me

Just bought mine two weeks ago and have six hours on it. I ride A class in the woods and weigh 170 with no gear. Came off 2010 CRF250. It's and awesome bike and really likes to be revved out. I am completely happy with it besides the suspension too soft if your are doing and MX or hard surface-big whoop riding. Needs to have a tooth added on the rear sprocket. The yosh rs4 full system is really nice to pick up on the low end which helps alot for the woods and coming out of corners. A decent map switch does wanders also. Seems like the best bike I have owed out of the box so far.

I've had the 2011 since July. Came from a long line of Zukes and then Honda's and now a KTM (first one ever). I will say about the only difference I can truly notice is that this bike is twitchy, turn the front end and it tracks there, BUT if you aren't carrying a bit of speed in soft sand, mud, muck, whatever ...that front end will dig in like a rabbid wolf after a snow bunny.

Don:thumbsup:

Still like my '07 Honda CRF450 but the KTM has impressed even an old fart like me

going to 20 or even 19mm offset triple clamps will solve that feeling

I;ve got 30 hrs on mine.. 20mm clamps were probably best far as handeling addition. Map switch and full exhuast definitely helped the power. The bike handles awesome, power is awesome. Its a little more difficult to get the front wheel over obstacles like on my 300 smoker but it wont disappoint any rider. You can ride it like a 250 in the lower RPM and if traction is low this is awesome, but you can also ride it like a 450 in the upper RPM and tear up the trail. Its the best of both worlds.

Rode my 2012 350 xcf for the first time last night and loved it. Coming off of a 2010 250XC. Power is definitely strong, smooth, turns well. Rode it at an indoor mx place, so suspension was on the soft side, but that is to be expected for an XCF. No regrets so far with the purchase!

Thanks for the reviews...

I'm actually looking for a great special test bike. ISDE qualifer and nat enduro special tests..

Basically the bike needs to get up and go NOW. I didn't like the lack of low end of the 2011 sxf 350 , it just takes too long for the rev's to build and have no desire to scream it like a 2 stroke to get it to go...

I have a 11 450sxf and an 11 250xc. Wish I could have the SX during the tests and the XC in between sections. Just wondering if I can mod the 350xcf to have have a motor simular to the 450 ( granted it will be less) . The factory boys have some pretty sweet 350's with lot's of low... Just wish KTM would figure out that if they need it so do we?

Looking at HT 400 kit no replies to phone calls or emails over the last 2 weeks??

anyone else out there doing 400cc kits?

so how does it compare to the stock 350 engine?

I checked their web site , no listing for a 350 hop up..

I had the 11 350SXF and XCF and can relate to your comment about slow to come on the cam. 51T (+1) rear sprocket, EFI map switch on aggressive, FMF 4.1 mega bomb exhause and it revved quicker - pretty good. Then installed stock 2012 350XCF EFI map and left the map switch in the aggressive position...with the 12 EFI map in my 11 350XCF the engine revved quicker and got into the mid better. Then installed the "competition" map which has the accellerator pump settings more aggressive (like +10%...sorry I only watched on the computer when these settings were changed and do not have the software myselft)...that really woke up the throttle response and it was very nice...significant improvement.

Rickk had some good results with his 400 BB kit......

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002971&highlight=400

The 350 is an interesting machine. You should do some lap time comparisons to confirm which bike you are most effective on...

Edited by mxengineer4
clarify the model year of EFI map

I'm pretty sure I can go pretty fast on my 11 250xc, the issue is I'm not young anymore! It take a lot of effort ( for me) to keep that 2 stroke at speed during a special test . I find it takes a lot less energy to ride my 450sxf on the same course as I let the motor do a lot of the work. However wrestling the heavier 450 over the course of an 8 hr, 110 mile plus qualifier is hard on the bod too.. The 350 does handle better than both my xc and sxf and while its not a lot lighter than my sxf, I'll put it on a diet along with a motor mod. I'm thinking it would be the best of both worlds... I guess we will see...

I've called and emailed that guy that rickk used , but there is no response from the guy?

so how does it compare to the stock 350 engine?

I checked their web site , no listing for a 350 hop up..

No comparison. The bike will pull a taller gear instead of having to downshift. It can be lugged like my 10 400, then transitions seamlessly into a stronger midrange than that of the stock 350, and it still revs out like the stock bike, but with more power. Just perfect.

The kit is not on their website, but you can call Travis at Thumper Racing.