Sign in to follow this  

Lawn trailers - what's your set up?

I would put a storage box on the front, gas can racks, lots of tie down points, and either wheel chocks or nuts/nubs of some kind welded on the top rail so the front tires dont slip.

I drilled the top, front rail of my 6x10 utility trailor and installed several i-bolts to attatch my tie downs to. I'm currently trying to decide about adding wheel chocks or no. I've been thinking about bolting a couple u-shaped pieces of iron to the front to keep the front tires/wheels from slipping, but I've never had a problem.

I drilled the top, front rail of my 6x10 utility trailor and installed several i-bolts to attatch my tie downs to. I'm currently trying to decide about adding wheel chocks or no. I've been thinking about bolting a couple u-shaped pieces of iron to the front to keep the front tires/wheels from slipping, but I've never had a problem.

I was thinking of the I bolts too, have taken the trailer on some long drives in the past, and did have a front wheel slip in the rain once. I love my ccr sport bed buddy for the pickup, thought about bolting one to the trailer too. A little $ though when some iron and I bolts would work.

I looked at some iron yesterday at a Tractor Supply Co. Wow, it will probably be cheaper to buy three wheel chocks. I've seen them on EBay for less than $25 each with mounting hardware.

I purchased some wheel chocks like in Devon466's pic. These pics are with three of them mounted. I will normally only haul two bikes. I think the ability to move/remove the wheel chocks is pretty neat.

IMG_0278.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

Here's a pic with the trailor empty. When I'm hauling three bikes, I just move the outer wheelchocks to the outmost position. If I'm hauling my lawntractor or golf cart, I just remove the wheelchocks completely.

IMG_0319.jpg

I built my own trailer, but as a multi-use. Maybe some of the ideas would work. At first I used the Harbor Freight wheel chocks, but pulled them in favor of some in the floor tire chocks designed for an enclosed trailer. This lets me haul drywall, 4 wheeler, etc.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

One thing I hate is broken taillights, so I have fabbed these kind of guards up for all of my trailers.

ry%3D400

• Like 1

Needs more toolboxes:p

Seriously, I like that set up. The light protectors are a great idea.

Thanks. The 5th wheel box is for riding gear and will hold two LARGE gear bags. The tongue box is for accessories, tie downs, jack, etc.

Nice job! I want to add a box to the tongue of my utility trailor. Any suggestions or links to a good one?

Lowe's had the least expensive ones I could find that were diamond plate. They had two different ones, the taller with less depth one you see on the front of my trailer. They had a sale on boxes and I got the tongue box for $149, but had to be ordered. Everybody else was like $100 higher.