Sign in to follow this  

hi all got a kxf 250 got problems

Hi all first post hoping you can give me some help please

had my kxf for about 2 months has always had problems on idle the guy told me he put a new pipe on so im wondering if it needs re jetting

the last time i was out it started backfiring a lot when letting off the throttle or slowing down ,for safe being and thinking it would solve the problem i had a full top end rebuild carb cleaned and it still does it but not if i run it on choke it will rev up and down with no backfiring.The idle is far to slow so i turned it up to make the bike run and it runs with a few little pops if i put the choke on it revs up far to high so i turned the idle down so its running lovely on choke i then turn the choke off and the idle is far to low HELP ME LOL

Not familiar with the carburetor on that bike, but usually there is a fuel mixture screw on the front of the body of a four stroke carb. It's sort of hard to get to with the carb on the bike. It usually needs to be about 2 and 1/2 turns out from bottomed if the right pilot jet is in the bike and the entire pilot circuit is clean and clear and there are no intake air leaks. If you have to turn that screw out any further than about three turns under these conditions to richen the mixture, then you need to install a larger pilot jet.