Sign in to follow this  

tires?

Hey guys I am looking to buy a new back tire and was wondering what yall run and recomend? I do mostly trail riding and I occasionally go to the local track. Thanks in advance.

Dunlop Geomax mx51 and my rear is a 110 instead of the stock 100.

what is the advantage of going with the 110 vs 100 stock?

The 110 vs. 100 provides a wider tread profile. The wider profile will help with traction and will provide a more stable ride, but is heavier and may tame your acceleration a bit (you may need to be a Pro to detect the difference, though).

My bike has a 110 on it, works great.

I usually run 110 tires, but the Geomax MX51 in 110 trim is very wide. Wider than most 110 tires. It´s actually so wide it´s kind of hard to fit through the swingarm and brake stuff when putting the wheel back on.

It´s a very good tire for the price. Long lasting and predictable grip.

Agreed the mx51 is the best tire for the track i have used, although i didn't like it in the harescrambles i did. Then again, they were muddy and the tire isn't made for mud. The Pirelli looks exactly the same as the mx51 except the knobs felt stiffer to me.

every bridgestone iv ridden on chunks horribly. i loved the dunlop mx51 when it was new and it feels like second it lost its edge it was absolutely horrible. im just about to try the michelin starcross, but on my old bike i had a starcross and it did really good on that bike.

I've ran those dunlop 956? I think thats what i've been running.. anyway I've burnt up three sets this year alone.. I've have had better luck running kenda millvilles then those.. Duno why but the dunlops just don't last.. O well..