Sign in to follow this  

Case-144

Hey everyone, I have decided im going to do a full rebuild on my 2005 125. The top end of the motor was destoyed while racing a few months ago. a piece of the powervalve broke off, and ruined the cylinder,and damaged the head, can someone tell me if the head can be machined? so now im going with a 144kit from eric gorr. The bike is being stripped to frame,and being completley rebuilt from the ground up. these are my plans for the bike..

1.Black anodized frame.swingarm,and triple clamps, and sub frame

2.144 kit from Eric Gorr

3.all new white plastics and graphics, with my current colorscheme but all new graphics

4.black anodized rims with green hubs.

5. Also going to replace all seals,bearings and that good stuff with new parts along with anything else that needs to replaced when as im rebuilding it.

I will post new pictures of the dissambley/assembley of the bike as well as when i get the frame/swingarm/clamps/and subframe anodized.

38780027983223236731426.jpg

39200627983225236781426.jpg

29529323036312367051426.jpg

38140527983231636941426.jpg

thats plenty of time if the money flow doesnt delay ya any like me lmfao.

haha yeah, im gonna be living on ramen noodles and some cheap soda for the next 2 months with this project!

Pro Tip: Water is cheaper than Soda.

Pro Tip: Water is cheaper than Soda.

Very true, and then i can just tell everyone i started drinking water all the time to get back in shape. haha :bonk:

but on a serious note, i just bought new set of Stock triple clamps with the stem and bearings on ebay for 34$ including shipping! my other ones were bent pretty bad from a wreck awhile ago. These will go to the anodizing shop here ina few days when they arrive

i wish i coulda anodized some of my stuff, but that woulda thrown my budget WAY off lol. if i was single maybe, but my wife and 2 year old wouldnt be happy about a ramen noodle diet lol

cast parts usually look bad when anodized.....and the frame being make from cast, forged and extruded parts might look really bad. Powder coat may be the way to go.

i wanted to powdercoat orginally, but i heard it wouldnt be a "shiny" finish.. but then again if the anodizing comes out bad then i guess i wouldnt get what i want either way. :bonk: I will definetly do some research and talk with the anodizing guy about cast parts. thanks for the info!

i dont know why powdercoating wont be a shinny finish. just get the gloss finish.

PC is easy to get glossy... Ive had tons of stuff PC'ed by my buddy that came back to me with a mirror like finish. I can see myself in the black frame I had done durring my last rebuild.

yeah mybuddy just had some truck rims done in gloss black, they almost looked like black chrome

kgrhqrhjcwe7bcvh4bo1cco.jpg

kgrhqjhjbee63st8kvjbo5w.jpg

Here are the triple clamps i picked up on ebay for 34$:bonk:

and also a pretty much new GYTR pressure plate for 20$

My triple clamps will be going to the powdercoater on monday, then my frame,subframe, and swingarm will go next week sometime. thanks for all the input!

Well i got her down to bareframe today. Swingarm,Frame,subframe, and triple clamps will be going to the powdercoater sometime this week. :smirk:

Also a pic of the piston destruction from the exhaust bridge piece that decided it didnt like being part of the cylinder anymore :bonk:

39425628780118758621426.jpg

37713328785550094401426.jpg

39115928785766499811426.jpg

That head should be fixable... a little hard to tell from the pics but basically what they will do is cut it down so the gouges are gone and then take away enough material from the dome to get it back to optimal volume.

Sweet, thanks for the help, ill see what the machine shop says here ina few days. Does anyone know some somebody thats selling a cylinder, mine is way past being fixed :bonk: