Sign in to follow this  

To Flexx or Not to Flexx? WR250F

I've got a nicely rebuilt 2002 WR250F set up as much as possible as my track rat so I'm trying to lighten this older, heavier bike up as much as possible.

It's currently got some nice FLEXX BARS but they weigh a ton & I'm wondering what the Forum's opinion is about possibly replacing for some nice Pro Tapers, etc.

I KNOW the Flexx's have saved my bacon a time or two on hard/cased landings but I really feel the heavy weight up high so am looking for an excuse for some new bars to lighten up the bike & feel.

Any wisdom from the Forum? :bonk: Thx in advance.

Bob in AZ

they are heavier but i dont think you will notice it. actualy, you wont notice it. id keep them, if they have saved you a few times there worth it, they saved two big crashes for the sake of 0.5 kg at the most.

2002 don't have batteries so that Li battery won't do you any good. If you do get a different set of bars you can sell those Flexx bars pretty quick. A lot of guys want them but don't like the price, i.e. they are worth a bit of money.

Swede, I think the weight savings would be considerable; just the "dangle test" in each hand compared to regular bars is quite noticeable since the Flexx bars are SO heavy!

I suppose the question is, did my suspension take the brunt of past hard landings or did the Flexx bars? Or, maybe both? (most likely)

Btw, I removed 1/8" off each bar end & would advertise that if I were to sell; not sure if this would affect re-sale price. But, I'm not sure the $300 USD price is worth it if I had to buy these new..... Better to spend the $$$ on suspension, I think.

Thx to all for the feedback; still undecided, though....

Bob in AZ

If you have another set of bars then throw them on there and see if you like the difference. If you want to sell the Flexx bars then put it in your signature line and somebody will PM you on it. I sold a set of Pro Tapers pretty quickly that way.

They are heavy but if you have been riding as long as I have they will save your wrist so you can still keep riding like I do at 65.